1140 W Main Street
Job Family Group:
Retail Banking Sales & Service
Builds and manages an assigned portfolio of clients in targeted household sizes with investable personal assets. Actively pursues leads to develop new retail mortgage business for existing customers that meet Premier qualifications for deposits. Acts as the primary client contact to uncover individual and family financial needs and provide solutions directly or through referrals to business partners in compliance with internal controls and audit, regulatory, and compliance policies.
U.S. Only: This position will act as an originator of consumer loans as defined by Regulation Z, Regulation G, and the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (the S.A.F.E. Act). This position will require a Federal registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry. The Bank will instruct you on the registration requirements needed to comply with this requirement. A criminal background review and credit history evaluation will be required for this position as well as restrictions on performing in a real estate agent capacity.
- Proactively works with branch business partners to identify existing customers that meet the target profile and create a calling plan.
- Proactively works with assigned customer base to identify and maintain and electronic pipeline of market expansion opportunities.
- Develops a 3-5 year plan for projected sales strategies and plans.
- Actively participates in the community to identify prospects through relationship building efforts and identify centres of influence (e.g. law and accounting firms) and two-way referral relationships.
- Uses a consultative sales process to develop strong customer relationships and act as their financial advisor.
- Executes quality customer review meetings for retention and expansion purposes
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution channels.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service.
- Prequalifies home buyers to provide financing alternatives and provides guidance through mortgage application and processing activities.
- Informs clients about available options for conducting banking transactions and provides transactional guidance in the use of digital and self-serve technologies.
- Monitors individual exception reports and takes action to remove exceptions.
- Makes key recommendations on products, pricing, and services; links customer to business partner experts based on key financial decisions.
- Manages entertainment expenses for clients with corporate credit cards and assists with event planning and marketing budgets.
- Analyzes transactions for compliance with sound credit granting principles; recommends remedies to maintain acceptable asset and credit quality.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business / group strategy.
- Analyzes to confirm security valuations and completes and approves credit applications for authorization in compliance with the Bank?s lending policy.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Provides individual and group training and communication updates to branch personnel to enhance business partner knowledge and skills and provide updates regarding referrals.
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports and dashboards.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhance analysis, and/or streamline reporting.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Follows security and safeguarding procedures and applies due diligence in accordance with Bank?s policies and ethical standards for the prevention of loss due to fraud, robbery, counterfeiting, money laundering, or defalcation.
- Adheres to business banking lending processes, policies, procedures, legal, regulatory, audit, and ethical requirements.
- Maintains the confidentiality of customer and Bank information in compliance with Bank policies and procedures.
- Identifies risks and takes appropriate actions, including all documentation and other regulatory requirements to maintain operational integrity.
- Liaises between clients and various departments across the organization to discuss issues and procedures, and provide product support and expertise.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 4 – 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years of experience in a financial services organization with knowledge of banking products, services, pricing, and profitability.
- Advanced understanding of deposit, loan (including mortgage) and banking products and practices, cash flow analysis, lending process and directives, credit risk policies and standards, supporting processes, applicable legal and regulatory requirements, and Bank policies.
- Excellent understanding of brokerage and insurance products.
- Excellent knowledge of business services, including retirement plans, business banking solutions, insurance, and succession planning ? required.
- Excellent understanding of personal trust and investment management ? required.
- In-depth knowledge of client portfolio management.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills – In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills – In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills – In-depth.
- Influence skills – In-depth.
- Data driven decision making – In-depth.
We?re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one ? for yourself and our customers. We?ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we?ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmoharriscareers.com .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other?s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For employees who will be working in the U.S. the following applies: This position will act as an originator of consumer loans as defined by Regulation Z and the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (the S.A.F.E. Act). This position will require a Federal registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry. The Bank will instruct you on the registration requirements needed to comply with this requirement. A criminal background review and credit history evaluation will be required for this position as well as restrictions on performing in a real estate agent capacity.