DEPARTMENT: Admissions, Enrollment Management
SUPERVISOR: Associate Director of Admissions
HOURS: Full Time: Monday – Thursday from 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
GRADE/SALARY RANGE: Grade 3 – Exempt, Salaried
This position serves as a member of the Admissions team, focusing on recruiting prospective undergraduate students as outlined in the admissions enrollment plan. The Admissions Counselor will be required to represent Molloy College, both on and off campus, to prospective students, parents, secondary school counselors and other individuals or organizations involved in the college selection process. The individual will be responsible for attending various recruitment events, conducting information sessions, and representing the College at day, evening and weekend college fairs. The candidate will be required to counsel prospective applicants by inperson appointments, phone calls and e-mail. This position also requires the coordination of various on-campus recruitment events such as Open Houses, Accepted Students Day, Information Sessions, group tours, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend undergraduate recruitment events in the territories of NY, NJ, CT and other locations as needed and prepare and present Power Point presentations on admissions panels
- Evaluate a high volume of Freshmen admissions applications
- Interview prospective undergraduate students & respond to e-mails from prospective students
- Attend on-site evaluation days & private high school visits
- Coordinate on-campus events
- Proctor Nelson Denny and Math Screening Exams
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Ability to travel frequently and out of state for overnight recruitment events is required. Ability to work flexible hours that include evenings and weekends is required.
- Strong interpersonal, public speaking and writing skills. Have the ability to represent the College in a professional manner
- Effective at managing multiple priorities
- Work well with multiple constituencies, ability to maintain a positive attitude that will promote a healthy cultural climate in Admissions
- Demonstrated ability to effectively solve problems, initiate, and implement projects independently. Goal and detail oriented
SUPERVISION EXERCISED – None
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Desktop computer, including spreadsheet and word processing software; copy machine; fax machine, printers, and scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Molloy College, an independent, Catholic college, rooted in the Dominican tradition of study, spirituality, service and community, is committed to academic excellence with respect for each person. Through transformative education, Molloy promotes a lifelong search for truth and the development of ethical leadership.
All Molloy College employees are expected to display an understanding of and a commitment to the College’s mission and core values; foster relationships with a spirit of inclusivity, compassion and respect; appreciate and celebrate differences and support a welcoming and hospitable environment that is responsive and helpful to all members of the Molloy community and beyond.
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
or mail to:
Office of Human Resources, Molloy College
1000 Hempstead Ave.
Rockville Centre, NY 11571-5002
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.