Performance of duties in an office setting with considerable daily inmate contact.
This is a GRANT FUNDED position to run through June 30, 2020 and potentially until September 30, 2020. This is a non-benefited position.
- Associate?s Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the criminal justice system, operations of the Department of Corrections and/or state and county governmental operations.
- Ability to use initiative, tact, and judgment in carrying out the assignments and in dealing with employees, inmates, volunteers, and the public.
- Ability to prepare and maintain reports for the Treatment Department.
- High level of secretarial skills required as well as excellent communication skills.
- Ability to interpret and discuss the procedures, guidelines and policies of the Treatment department and the Hampshire Sheriff?s Office as a whole.
- Ability to work successfully with others.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment background check, medical/drug screenings.
Official Title: Contract Employee – Sheriff
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Northampton-205 Rocky Hill Rd
Job: Community and Social Services
Agency: Sheriff’s Dept Hampshire
Job Posting: Nov 21, 2019, 2:26:50 PM
Number of Openings: 1
Salary: 1,754.98 – 2,278.80 Biweekly
If you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions or need a Reasonable Accommodation, please contact Diversity Officer / ADA Coordinator: HR Coordinator – 413-584-5911