Tier I Technical Support Technician
‘Be part of an innovative forward-thinking company’
Who We Are:
Originally, the manufacturer of one of the world’s first electronic key management systems in 1994 – we are now the global leader in innovative technology for sophisticated, intelligent key management systems and locker solutions. We operate in a wide variety of channel markets such as Government, MOD, Prisons, Fleet, Distribution Centres, and Data Centres etc.
When you drop your keys off at a car dealership, your child takes their laptop from their locker at school or ends up feeling ill and going to A&E, you will find our solutions in use. Our products can be bought off the shelf all the way up to solutions for blue-chip and every day recognisable companies.
Traka became part of ASSA ABLOY in April 2012, who are a more than 8 billion Euro organisation and the global leader in access solutions. Every day we help people feel safe, secure and experience a more open world. ASSA ABLOY products can be seen and used everywhere you go in your daily life from brands such as Yale, Chubb and HID.
With its continued rapid growth, in January 2019 Traka became part of the Global Solutions division of ASSA ABLOY which allows Traka to grow further globally, and leverage group developments, including Cloud technologies.
We are always looking for diverse, talented, energetic people with integrity and the desire to succeed. We are an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and benefits in a team environment where you can freely speak across teams and departments to seek help and guidance.
Working for Traka means that you will be part of an agile environment, with innovative solutions to improve our customers’ lives.
To offer Traka hardware and software support to North and South America customers and resellers, providing Tier 1 level line of support by means of both telephone and email support requests. To perform responsibilities in accordance with all company standards, policies and procedures.
It will be your mission to:
- To provide Tier 1 level line telephone or dial in support dealing with our customers and USA distributors.
- Investigate faults and technical issues, documenting and following up to closure.
- Set up test systems to mimic customer faults.
- Report esculated issues to Tier 2 level support as well as advance Tier level 3 support as needed.
- Work with the systems technicians to effectively solve problems in the field.
- Raise appropriate work orders within ServiceMax.
- Record of all maintenance/servicing visits.
- General administration within the Technical team.
- Carry out diagnostics and resolve faults with the customer over telephone, using webex and or Skype where necessary
- Ensure that technical support enquiries are handled quickly and proactively via telephone or email or by progression to Systems technician call out. The role supports a range of key cabinets and locker systems across both new and existing customer sites.
- Carry out some product training with customers using webex.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager from time to time.
Who You Are:
You will be self-motivated and trustworthy with strong organisational skills along with good written and oral English skills.
You will have good problem solving and decision making skills adopting a “hands on” approach to resolve issues.
- College degree in a computer, engineering or technical field
- Experience in a customer facing environment and within a technical field
- Knowledge of Electronics hardware and/or software applications
- Knowledge of computers and software installations
- Skilled in developing long term working relationships with customers
- Bilingual in Spanish, French and or Portuguese is a plus
We are looking for bright, motivated and passionate people to join our team.
- Competitive Package including
- Holiday + 401k + Benefits