DEPARTMENT: Office for Technology and Institutional Effectiveness
SUPERVISOR: Technology Support Services Manager
HOURS: Tuesday through Saturday 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Answers phone calls and provides support over the phone or with remote access tools
- Troubleshoots software and hardware failures and identifies network problems when they relate to computers, printers or phones
- Performs the installation, repair and preventative maintenance of I.T. equipment and related system
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support end-users with IT-related problems in a responsive and service oriented manner
- Assist with the troubleshooting, installation, implementation and support of hardware and systems
- Receipt, deployment, and maintenance of IT-related equipment
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Microsoft Office Excel Microsoft Office Outlook Microsoft Office PowerPoint Microsoft Office Word Microsoft Windows
- Vocational or technical training
- 1-3 years of experience
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Desktop computer, including spreadsheet and word processing software; copy machine; fax machine, printers, and scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Molloy College, an independent, Catholic college, rooted in the Dominican tradition of study, spirituality, service and community, is committed to academic excellence with respect for each person. Through transformative education, Molloy promotes a lifelong search for truth and the development of ethical leadership.
All Molloy College employees are expected to display an understanding of and a commitment to the College’s mission and core values; foster relationships with a spirit of inclusivity, compassion and respect; appreciate and celebrate differences and support a welcoming and hospitable environment that is responsive and helpful to all members of the Molloy community and beyond.
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
or mail to:
Office of Human Resources, Molloy College
1000 Hempstead Ave.
Rockville Centre, NY 11571-5002
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.