Urbana School District #116
TITLE: Dean?s Secretary
LOCATION: Urbana High School
SUPERVISOR: Assistant Principal #2 (in charge of Student Discipline/Attendance)
JOB SUMMARY: The responsibility of the Student Engagement Office Secretary is to perform general secretarial and clerical duties to support the Assistant Principal #2 and to assist him/her with all matters associated with student discipline/attendance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- Maintain records of calls from parents/guardians regarding student discipline/attendance.
- Maintain and manage the Teacher Leave System (AESOP). Which includes prepare folders for the daily substitute teachers.
- Perform general secretarial/clerical work for the Assistant Principal #2, including preparing letters and correspondence, copying, answering telephone calls, coordinating scheduling and filing.
- Assist the SIs/SEAs with phone calls to parents/guardians regarding their child?s discipline at school.
- Confer with the SIs/SEAs and assist them with secretarial/clerical duties as directed.
- Operate the attendance computer system.
- Record and edit information on daily student detention report.
- Possess and maintain knowledge of the District’s policies and procedures pertaining to student attendance and discipline.
- Possess and maintain knowledge of the contents of the Student/Parent Handbook.
- Assist with monitoring students who assist in the Student Engagement office.
- Answer the Assistant Principal #2’s phone line and assist with answering and referring other phone calls.
- Maintain District files.
- Assist with duties assigned to the Assistant Principal #2 and the SIs/SEAs.
- Perform any and all additional duties as assigned by the Assistant Principal #2 and SIs/SEAs.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Minimum of years of secretarial/clerical experience.
- Experience with typing, computers, word processing, spreadsheets and working with office equipment such as copiers and fax machines.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with the public.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in regard to student records.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with a variety of different personnel at the District.
- Strong public relations skills and ability to interact with a wide variety of people from diverse backgrounds.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary is determined by the Board of Education. Ten month work year.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of support personnel.
START DATE: February 17, 2020
NOTE: This is not a position within the collective bargaining unit and is not an administrative position.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
REVISED: January, 2020