Posted Date: Oct 21 2019
The primary duty of the Specialty Academic Account Specialist is to provide dedicated focus to a specific group of accounts and HCPs primarily in Academic Institutions including Key External Experts (KEEs), other treating HCPs, Nurses, Hospital Personnel (pharmacy, etc.), Office Managers, etc. The SAAS will be responsible for effectively representing GSK products and support in identified treatment centers, providing education to HCPs and staff about GSK products in appropriate patients and providing education and information about available patient support programs. The SAAS will establish and maintain relationships with HCPs in accounts, providing feedback to GSK on needs and insights, and triaging for needed support from other individuals within GSK. Specialty Academic Account Specialists will be Level 1 trained and promote products in Key Academic and Treatment Centers. This role will require very strong clinical acumen, account management acumen, stakeholder management and patient focus skills.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Providing education about GSK products & support to identified HCPs and Key Academic Centers
- Educate on GSK products in appropriate patient types. Focus will be on Academic Institutions and Treatment Centers with responsibility for products in the Specialty & Rare Disease space. Educating Rheumatology, Allergy and Pulmonology Departments as well as all related staff and key departments outside medical such as Pharmacy, Fellowships/training program related HCPs, Nursing and Quality etc.
- Identify and recommend solutions for product-related issues that arise in the accounts, with a singular focus on helping the patient where appropriate (e.g. side effect understanding and management, reimbursement issues, distribution issues).
- Where appropriate, utilize internal GSK stakeholders to educate and build relationships, including partnership with other sales teams, as well as Medical and Payer teams as needed and aligned to Compliance guidelines.
- SAAS must demonstrate deep understanding of account dynamics, including ecosystem, referral network, access, account/department drivers, patient flow, billing, etc. for treatment centers that focus on patients with SLE/Lupus, Severe Asthma and EGPA. This includes creating, maintaining and executing a Strategic Account plan, leveraging understandings to provide account and patient focused solutions, and connecting the right solution to the right account stakeholder.
- Calling account staff (RN, office manager, etc.) who interact with patients in the office or at local support groups, within GSK guidance.
- Solidifying HCP and KEE Relationships & Triaging for Needed Support:
- Gain access to build and maintain relationships with HCPs, key thought leaders, decision makers and influencers, bringing credible and meaningful information about GSK products and resources. Build credibility with HCPs, by employing a high science approach, identifying unmet needs, and connecting solutions.
- Proactively promote GSK products to identified HCPs, achieving defined reach and frequency goals.
- Provide feedback to GSK on HCP needs and insights, and triage for needed support (from MSLs, TLLs upper management, Payer Relations Manager, Marketing).
Fulfilling Basic Requirements in the Role:
- Be present in the assigned territory based on the expectations of business area. Weekend and evening activity is required as needed.
- Meet or exceed established expectations for call activity and time in territory.
- Complete all required training, testing, and product certifications within the designated timeframes
- Embrace and follow GSK policies, practices, risk-based standards and values in support of our customers, patients, fellow employees, and individual expectations.
- Prepare and present Strategic Account Plans to leadership and matrix team to drive GSK engagement within selected accounts
- Providing Disease State Education, within GSK approved parameters
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Minimum 8 years sales experience, with 5+ years in one or more of the following:
- Specialty product experience (i.e. buy and bill)
- 2+ years of medical/academic experience with documented successes
- Rare disease, Respiratory, Immunology, Rheumatology
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Preferred Degree in sciences
- Advanced Degree preferred (MBA, PharmD, Nursing degree, Clinical Case Management degree and/or certifications)
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making ? using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK?s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK?s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.