Performs work to assist in the organization and implementation of projects and programs. Responsibilities include activities which require knowledge of departmental procedures. Employee performance is based upon a review of completed work and overall results obtained.
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Unv Hlth Sci Ctr El Paso
HSC – El Paso
- Supervise library operations during weekend hours.
- Assist with ILL duties in the absence of ILL staff.
- Checks library webpages and metadata for errors.
- Assist with 3D and poster printer operation and maintenance on weekends.
- Accept and receive payment for library services. Maintain accurate records of transactions.
- Train and supervise student assistants on the weekend in completing assigned tasks.
- Prepare orientation and outreach
Assist in book processing. Includes
editing book records, physical book
processing activities, and book
Aids in collecting and tabulating ILL,
gate count, copier, and circulation
Maintain lost and found at MEB
Type up minutes for Library Staff and
Proofread library brochures and
Participates in maintaining and
updating the library student worker
training materials, manuals, and
High school graduation plus two years experience in related area. Additional education may substitute for experience on a year for year basis.
Bilingual (English/Spanish). Knowledge of library operations. Some college coursework.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant?s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Cover Letter, Resume / CV
Transcript, Other Documents Supporting Qualifications
Minimum Hire Rate
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Works into the early evening 4 days on weekdays, and works on Saturday.