Java Software Developer with strong systems, software, cloud, and Agile experience to support a complex program to provide Agile development and operations and maintenance for critical systems. Based in DevOps framework, participate in and/or direct major deliverables of projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing. Create innovative solutions to meet the technical needs of customers.
- Develop and integrate custom developed software solutions to leverage automated deployment technologies
- Develop, prototype and deploy solutions within Commercial Cloud Solutions leveraging Infrastructure platform services
- Coordinate closely with team members, Product Owners and Scrum Masters to ensure User Story alignment and implementation to customer use cases
- Analyze (though proof of concept, performance, and end-to-end testing) and effectively coordinate Infrastructure needs driven by developed software to meet customer mission needs
- Support the Agile software development lifecycle following Program SAFe practices
- Proficient with common Agile practices, service-orientated environments, and development practices
- Responsible for delivering innovative solutions within DevOps toolsets/practices (GitHub, Jenkins, and Unix Bash scripting) as such will need to have established DevOps and Web Services experience
- Document and perform systems software development, including deployment of build artifacts across different environments leverage GitFlow constructs
- Leverage Atlassian tool suite like JIRA and Confluence to track activities
- Developing and directing software system validation and testing methods using Junit and Katalon
- Responsible for using in-depth development knowledge in Commercial Cloud Platforms (ex, AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Responsible for leveraging extensive knowledge of cloud data services (ex: S3, RDS, EFS)
- Responsible for leveraging extensive knowledge of version control and issue/problem tracking systems and candidates should have in-depth experience with such tools
- Candidate must have BS with 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Candidate must an active TS/SCI with a polygraph.
Candidate must be US Citizen.
- Experience in AWS Data management services (Elastic, Map Reduce, Lambda, and Kinesis)
- Experience with SAFe development practices
Experience with any of the following:
- Big Match
- IBM Tools
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That’s why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.