Assists in the technical design of application components, builds applications, interfaces between applications, and understands data security, retention, and recovery. Can research technologies independently and recommend appropriate solutions. Contributes to technology-specific best practices & standards; contributes to success criteria from design through deployment, including, reliability, cost-effectiveness, performance, data integrity, maintainability, reuse, extensibility, usability and scalability; contributes expertise on significant application components, vendor products, program languages, databases, operating systems, etc., executes on the plan by building components, testing, configuring, tuning, and deploying solutions.
In addition the candidate must have a range of design and implementation skills on the AWS cloud platform, must have a keen understand of security and privacy considerations of an organization such as the DTCC and have code organization skills to develop software capabilities that are portable across infrastructures.
Business Unit: Information Technology
The Information Technology group delivers secure, reliable technology solutions that enable DTCC to be the trusted infrastructure of the global capital markets. The team delivers high-quality information through activities that include development of essential, building infrastructure capabilities to meet client needs and implementing data standards and governance.
Department: Application Development
AD delivers solutions that respond to the business needs of the global capital markets with quality, efficiency, and excellence, using innovative technologies and providing secure information management.
What You’ll Do
- Technology Expertise ? is a subject matter expert on one or more of programming languages, vendor products, DTCC applications, data structures, business lines
- Platforms ? works with Infrastructure partners to stand up development, testing, and production environments. These will include both cloud based ( AWS ) , on-prem and container platforms.
- Requirements Elaboration ? works with the Functional Architect to ensure designs satisfy functional requirements
- Data Modeling ? reviews and extends data models
- Is aware of frameworks ? that promote concepts of isolation, extensibility, and extendibility
- System Performance ? contributes to solutions that satisfy performance requirements; constructs test cases and strategies that account for performance requirements; tunes application performance issues
- Security ? implements solutions and executes test plans working mentoring other team members in best practice
- Standards ? is aware of technology standards and understands technical solutions need to be consistent with them
- Documentation ? develops and maintains system documentation
- Is familiar with different software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
Sound Like You?
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience
Java / Spring
Messaging technologies – MQ, Kafka, Solace
SQL ( Oracle, PostGres )
Jenkins and Bash scripting
Familiarity with Redis
- 6+ years? experience in application development or system analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in technical/computer discipline or related experience required
Who We Are
With over 45 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities, data centers and offices in 16 countries, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. Industry owned and governed, the firm simplifies the complexities of clearing, settlement, asset servicing, data management, data reporting and information services across asset classes, bringing increased security and soundness to financial markets. In 2018, DTCC?s subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $1.85 quadrillion. Its depository provides custody and asset servicing for securities issues from 170 countries and territories valued at U.S. $52.2 trillion. DTCC?s Global Trade Repository service, through locally registered, licensed, or approved trade repositories, processes over 14 billion messages annually. To learn more, please visit us at www.dtcc.com or connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.