Position Key Accountabilities:
- Resolves general to complex inquiries and questions and responds to correspondence or telephone contacts in area of responsibility within guidelines established by supervisor.
- Composes correspondence and memoranda, prepares graphs, tables and manuscripts, speeches and mass communications, and prepares reports and presentation materials. May assist with grant and contract materials.
- Schedules and maintains calendars and travel itineraries; coordinates related arrangements in compliance with all University, governmental, and/or grant policies and guidelines.
- Responsible for filing systems, accuracy and compliance of files, records and reports for assigned area. Maintains knowledge base of legal and regulatory requirements of files.
- Receives, classifies, reconciles, consolidates, and/or summarizes documents and information.
- Compiles data from reports using required knowledge of departmental, project, and/or university policies and procedures.
- Accountable for data entry and accurate and timely submission of data for processing in the financial and/or human resources systems.
- Coordinates meetings and gatherings, room assignments, invites participants, and arranges refreshments and equipment as needed. May prepare and distribute meeting minutes.
- May approve and coordinate purchases of office supplies and equipment.
- Screens calls and emails and receives and directs visitors.
- Retrieves information from departmental, university and/or system levels and/or project records and produces reports with analysis.
- Regularly handles the highest level of confidential information and sensitive issues.
- Provides guidance and direction to lower level staff.
- May be expected to train entry level clerical staff. May lead support staff. Assists with interviewing, orientation and scheduling of staff. Provides input into lower staff performance evaluations.
- Serves as a high level administrative liaison with others within and outside assigned areas regarding administrative issues on purchasing, personnel, facilities and operations.
- May maintain or reconcile financial records/reports. FMS training with a passing score may be required. May have limited signature authority.
- Advises on and may draft policy and processes as assigned by supervisor. Is responsible for making routine decisions and judgment calls, and may assist or make recommendations regarding complex or impactful decisions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Advanced working knowledge of standard Office Software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required.
Use of University financial systems may be required.
High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor?s degree preferred.
Seven (7) years related work experience required.
Extensive experience with scheduling, maintaining calendars, and travel itineraries required.
Prior experience preparing meeting materials or general reports required. May substitute required experience with equivalent years of education beyond the minimum education requirement.
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215