Founded in 1975, The Help Group is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive nonprofit of its kind in the United States serving children with special needs related to autism spectrum disorder, learning disabilities, ADHD, developmental delays, abuse and emotional problems.
We are currently seeking a School Secretary for our Summit View campus in Valley Glen, CA. Summit View West offers a comprehensive elementary, middle, and secondary school programs for students with learning differences. This position works Monday – Friday from 7:30am to 4:00pm.
High School diploma or equivalent required, minimum three years of experience, good follow through, communication, interpersonal skills, detail oriented and computer knowledge is required. Bilingual in Spanish is strongly preferred, but not required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide, monitor and file weekly teacher and bus-rider sign in sheets.
- Provide, monitor and file weekly LAUSD assistants? sign-in sheet.
- Coordinate and post daily staff coverage plans as provided by program administrators, log daily staff coverage for teacher and 1 to 1 teacher assistant staff.
- Maintain staff attendance sheets.
- Distribute and log teacher assistant time sheets prepare payroll information per pay period.
- Calculate time cards for teacher assistants per pay period.
- Coordinate order and distribute administrator and teacher internal supply requests.
- Place, monitor, receive and distribute vendor orders.
- Prepare and distribute weekly campus lunch coverage schedule.
- Coordinate School Picture Day event.
- Organize form files in the mail room and keep school forms current and available.
- Maintain a school file on each current student and a file in archives for all former students.
- Reply to requests for student file information including transcript files.
- Request and log transcripts for entering students and updating student files.
- Maintain student transcript, input semester courses, grades and credits on transcript.
- Distribute grade and progress reporting forms to teaching staff as designated by the reporting schedule.
- Distribute completed grade and progress reports internally, mail reports to parents/guardians.
- Maintain log of required drill documentation.
- Provide secretarial support to school administrators.
- Provide telephone and reception coverage.
- Assist program administrators with special school events.
The Help Group offers wonderful training opportunities, a supportive, professional work environment and great benefits, including:
- Excellent benefits, including a 100% employer-sponsored health insurance plan
- Dental, vision, and life insurance
- Flexible Savings Account
- 403-b Retirement Account
- Vacation and Sick Time Leave
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.