Posted Date: Nov 12 2019
Regional Distribution Manager ? Puerto Rico
The Regional Distribution Manager in Puerto Rico is responsible for management and oversight of the GSK 3rd party operated Logistics Center as well Inventory Coordination for the Market. As warehousing and distribution are executed by a 3rd party service provider, this individual acts as the liaison between the logistics center / service provider and GSK operations, including; Global Supply Chain, Quality, Customer Logistics, commercial Business Unit, Customer Service, Inventory Planning, and Transportation among others.
Ensures external provider?s compliance with established service level agreements, identified Key Performance Metrics and operates within established budget. Assures operational alignment with GSK policies, procedures, and standards while maintaining focus on continuous improvement activities and operational efficiency. Monitors financial performance and takes action to assure business strategies and budget targets are attained.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
Commercial BU service commitments
- Ensure daily, weekly, monthly customer order fulfilment (Domestic & Export), according to established Service Level Agreements.
- Maintain relationships with key Cx teams; Customer Logistics, Customer Service, Inventory Planning, and Transportation to ensure LSP performance / expectations align with GSK Cx business plans and intelligence.
- Work with Logistics Service Providers (LSPs) to ensure budget attainment in LSP costs (operations efficiency, overtime, storage costs etc)
LSP / Warehouse management
- Work with the LSPs to ensure inventory accuracy is maintained at established levels via execution of cycle counts, annual physical inventory activities, analysis and reconciliations.
- Coordinates with LSP general processes of inventory management as required: supports quality sampling, short dating / expiry processing, provides obsolete items for destruction, repacking, damaged products and Returns, etc.
- Ensures proper storage and handling of hazardous goods, controlled substances, temperature controlled, high value products or any other kind of item, following established procedures, regulations and corporate guidelines.
- Ensures the appropriate use of warehouse management, distribution, transportation, reporting and/or any other system to achieve efficient operations and assuring proper system interfaces are in place between GSK, LSP, and any other required parties.
- Manage customer service inquiries/complaints regarding distribution issues stemming from the LSP
- Ensures full compliance for area of responsibility with Quality, Dangerous Goods, Security, Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) standards, procedures, guidelines and regulations. Keeps a comprehensive and updated set of SOP´s and supports all types of internal or external inspections and audits.
- Manages compliance to GSK standards of care for key Supply Chain activities, ie; EH&S, Quality, Conveyance, Security, Warehousing, Business Continuity, etc. (ensures annual assessments for all required sites are completed, updated and level of attainment meets GSK Cx requirements
Inbound Product Deployment, Prioritization, & Expediting
- Prioritizes, coordinates & controls plant to market deployment of finished goods for assigned supply lanes in a manner providing 100% customer service level. Creates feasible and proactive plans to utilize most effective and cost efficient transit methods available ensuring avoidance of low inventory or stock out situations.
- Utilizes and assess SAP APO and JDA to monitor market inventory coverage and provides prioritized stock deployment instructions to plants sites supplying the Puerto Rico market distribution center. Monitors and adjusts deployment plan priorities in response to adverse events, potential cost savings, and supply chain priorities.
- Monitors end to end execution of import shipments from source plants through supply points to PR logistics center to ensure timely receipts. Coordinates issue resolution with import operations, supply point, and US logistics compliance & receiving when necessary. Proactively communicates issues resolution plans to market Supply Chain Managers and other upstream/downstream stakeholders for awareness and issue resolution.
- As necessary, creates purchase orders for transfer of stock between plants and distribution centers.
- Coordinates with Local plant(s) for in market stock transfers.
- Monitor daily production alerts, temp excursions, and Quality Assurance releases in SAP/APO and R/3 for assigned products. Identifies key deployment exceptions impacting supply & service, and proactively communicates regularly to upstream and downstream stakeholders to ensure awareness and issue resolution. Deploy in most economical or efficient means depending on current inventory situation.
- Participate in Market S&OP reviews for advance visibility and proactively address customer service needs and issue resolution.
- Identify logistics and transportation issues in a proactive manner. Communicates consistently both upstream to manufacturing sites, supply points, and downstream to distribution operations to ensure accountable parties take action to address root causes prevent future occurrences .
- Monitors inventory sequencing in logistics centers to ensure FEFO
Inventory Coordination and Operations
- Continually evaluate and manage short dated inventory according to market inventory and short dating policies in an effort to utilize all finished goods. Utilize SAP and BW short dating reporting tools to evaluate supply and product stop sale dates. Follow-up with DC personnel to ensure timely destruction of material.
- Collaborate with Brand Finance managers and Supply Chain Managers in the development and managing of inventory reserves when necessary.
- Provide liaison services and expertise to manufacturing facilities and distribution centers in resolution of inventory discrepancies in SAP. Work with distribution centers to perform cycle counts in resolution of issues.
- Manage and issue daily unrestricted, blocked, restricted inventory and backorder reports to support ongoing deployment decisions and DC operations. Identifies key inventory exceptions impacting supply & service, and proactively communicates regularly to upstream and downstream stakeholders to ensure awareness and issue resolution. (includes daily management of LSP Inventory Comparison Report)
- Support Customer Service Management, Customer & DC Operations, and Supply Chain on a daily basis through timely and accurate communication of product shortage situations, inbound replenishments, wholesaler events, product change inventory transitions, and wholesale events or executions.
- Collaborate with Quality Manager / Coordinator on inventory analysis and reporting where necessary.
- Business continuity. Responsible for maintaining, monitoring, and rotating inventory within distribution network
- Manage all Material Master Manage duties which include: Extend items in SAP, M3 Global Setup, MDT Table activation.
Management and Expense controls
- Implementation, monitoring and reporting of relevant performance metrics (KPIs) in compliance with established guidelines. (including Penalty Applicable KPI?s)
- Takes corrective actions when needed to achieve targets
- LSP Invoice Management; captures, tracks monthly charges for each operation, validates charges and ensures invoices are processed on a timely basis
- Assists NA Logistics lead with annual Budget preparation / review
- Proactively looks for innovation and opportunities for improvement. Drives implementation of changes that enhance performance, productivity and cost.
- Responsible for the implementation of identified logistics solutions to support business strategies in alignment with regional and global logistics teams and/or other functions.
Specific tasks include (but not limited to):
- Monthly KPI reviews / Quarterly Business Reviews
- Participation in weekly Display Production Calls
- Coordinates weekly / monthly conference calls with providers to ensure alignment with Business requirements
- Manage / maintain Customer Shipping Requirements
- Point of contact for commercial business related to Logistics opportunities / challenges
- Periodic / Quarterly Commercial Business shipping requirements reviewed / executed
- Management of processes which lead to exposure from Damages, inventory loss
- LSP Invoice Management / issue resolution
- Monthly compliance review as necessary (Quality, EH&S, OSHA, DEA, etc)
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
BS/BA in Business
- 10+ years of logistics management (warehouse and distribution) experience, including at least 5+ years of direct site management over one or multiple RDC/DPC?s
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making ? using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action – a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK?s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK?s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.