Practice Secretarial Associate
in New York
(Published at 11-11-2019)
Performs diversified office-clerical/secretarial duties including, but not limited to scheduling appointments; facilitating communications; preparing consultation charts; taking and prioritizing telephone calls; maintaining and documenting incoming reports, pathology slides and films; and pre-certifying related ancillary services.
- Types various correspondence, reports, and articles.
- Schedules patient appointments, maintains physicians? calendar(s).
- Prepares patient charts.
- Maintains files and records.
- Orders and maintains inventory of supplies.
- Collects and distributes information, records and reports, as required.
- Performs data entry into department computer system to initiate billing process.
- Collects payments.
- Takes minutes at meetings.
- Generates reports as requested by management.
- Receptionist duties.
- Answers, screens, routes telephone calls; takes and delivers messages.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Prior clerical experience, required.
- Working knowledge of computer applications as required by department.
- Ability to communicate effectively.