Practice Office Coordinator
in New York
(Published at 28-01-2020)
- Leads and guides clerical staff in the performance of diversified administrative and secretarial duties. Assists in resolving difficult or complex administrative issues, as needed.
- Performs various receptionist duties and maintains reception area.
- Responds to and resolves patient questions and issues, as needed.
- Schedules and confirms patient appointments.
- Collects, verifies and records demographic, insurance and referral information.
- Collects, records and receipts outstanding money.
- Prepares patient charts. Collects, sorts, files, locates and distributes needed information, materials, records and paperwork.
- Answers, screens, routes telephone calls; takes and delivers messages.
- Performs various patient billing, collection, and third party reimbursement functions.
- May prepare and maintain various statistical data.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Minimum of two (2) years progressively responsible administrative experience in a physician office setting, required.
- Working knowledge of PC applications, required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, required.
- Data entry skills (80 kpm), required
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.