(Published at 09-11-2019)
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Proficient computer, typing, word processing, and file maintenance skills
- Knowledge and experience with Google Apps for Education or willingness to learn
- Effective organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Ability to operate general office machinery
- Multi-task oriented
- Ability to perform duties without direct supervision
- One to Three years of secretarial experience in the public school environment preferred.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform and assume all general clerical/secretarial tasks independently with the guidance of the Director of Digital and Academic Innovations.
- Direct incoming calls to appropriate personnel and take accurate phone messages.
- Compile pertinent data as needed when preparing various state and local reports.
- Organize office for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist in preparation of manuals, handbooks, and other materials as well as making necessary arrangements for professional development activities.
- Receive, distribute, and sort mail to appropriate personnel.
- Assist other directors, coordinators, and secretaries with projects and other activities as assigned.
- Maintain budgets and purchase orders related to the Director of Digital and Academic Innovation including the Instructional Materials Allotment budget and other budgets assigned.
- Support Director of Digital and Academic Innovations in regards to anything dealing with Instructional Materials Allotment
- Maintain contacts with vendors to obtain quotes and invoices for IMA purchases.
- Prepare documentation for IMA, TEA disbursements, requisitions, purchasing, receiving and delivery processes.
- Communicate and track all steps of the purchasing process across departments with IMA purchases.
- Track all renewals and expirations of online services and products for IMA renewals and purchases.
- Communicate with campus textbook coordinators.
- Help create and maintain the district-wide textbook inventory system
- Be the main contact for all IMA questions and calls.
- Help create, manage, and maintain the Google Form system for CISD staff to turn in applications for CISD’s online professional development badge system.
- Enter all badge approvals into Eduphoria for CPE and GT update hours
- Help maintain technology badge site
- Help approve all applications for technology curriculum badges
- Support Director of Digital and Academic Innovations in preparation of materials, set-up, clean-up, and planning of all Curriculum Department professional development. (This includes moving tables and chairs and organizing materials)
- Other duties as assigned