Providence is calling an Outpatient Secretary ( Cardiac Admit Recovery , Day Shift, 0.0 FTE) to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Create a friendly and cooperative atmosphere for visitors, hospital personnel and medical staff members.
- Respond to inquiries, maintain documents, patient files and database records.
- Type correspondence and other material.
- Arrange meetings and appointments.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Previous secretarial experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Accurate typing/keyboarding skills
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate in English
- Coursework/Training HUC program within PACU.
- Acceptable references from school and/or former employer(s).
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Medical terminology
- Work experience in a similar role.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Children?s Hospital has a commanding presence in Spokane, Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for patients throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are chosen by people from across the state for the da Vinci surgical robotic for heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who have children with life-threatening conditions know they?ll find the care and comfort they need at Sacred Heart Children?s Hospital.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits – see our website for details
As expressions of God?s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Administrative (Clinical)
Req ID: 242653