Catholic Health Services
(Published at 08-11-2019)
St. Catherine’s Rehabilitation Hospital East Campus, North Miami, is seeking an Outpatient Coordinator.
The Coordinator, Outpatient works under the general and direct supervision of the Director, Rehabilitation Services. The Outpatient Clerk provides clerical, secretarial and receptionist support for the Rehabilitation Department, and supports the outpatient therapy services for patient registration, authorization, and continuation of care.
- Receives and verifies all referral and insurance information prior to date of service and schedules appointments for all patients in the outpatient therapy.
- Provides all persons serviced with the appropriate registration and consent forms upon initial visit to the outpatient clinic.
- Upkeeps log, creates and updates files for all out patient served and medical record number assigned to them in the outpatient clinic in an organized locked file cabinet.
- Submits required documentation to HIM department to obtain diagnosis code
- Updates system with new diagnosis code for all patients.
- Collects and tracks payment information for patients (i.e. self-pay, co-pay, etc.)
- Maintains good correspondence with billing personnel at Catholic Health Services and submits information on a regular basis
- Completes daily reconciliation of charges and exports to CBO
- Answers telephones, directs calls appropriately and forwards messages as necessary.
- Orders and maintains necessary supplies for the functioning of the department.
- Ensures that all lines of communication with clinical providers remain open and satisfactory
- Ensures that all entities involved in clinical care receive necessary information in a timely manner.
- Communicates with the Director, Rehabilitation Services and/or Managers of any issues, requests and department needs.
1-3 years of experience in a Health Care Facility
Must have knowledge of computer office/clinical software
Must be able to read, write and understand the English language