ON CALL DELIVERY DRIVERS ? Meals on Wheels Program ? Amityville
WEEKDAYS ? 10 AM ? 2 PM
We are always looking for individuals to join the mission of Catholic Charities and
offer ?Care with Dignity?.Life with Hope.?
Every weekday, the Suffolk Meals-On-Wheels program delivers hot, nutritious meals to homebound Seniors. Seniors may also participate in the frozen meal program which provides meals 5 days per week.
We are seeking experienced delivery drivers who are familiar with Suffolk County to deliver meals to homebound seniors while monitoring and reporting any noticeable changes in clients? physical, emotional or mental status. In this role, you will review daily routing sheets to ensure accurate and complete meal deliveries as assigned. The Driver will pick up meals from caterer or other centralized sites, checking temperature of meals to ensure food safety and regulatory compliance. Recordkeeping of meal pick-up and delivery times, mileage and other relevant information is required. General office clerical duties may be assigned, as needed.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- HS Diploma/GED.
- At least 2 years? local delivery driving experience that includes knowledge of basic vehicle maintenance.
- Valid NYS Driver?s License.
- Well-developed communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills required.
- Solid knowledge of main and secondary routes within Suffolk County.
- Must be able to bend, lift and move up to 50 lbs.
A complete list of our job opportunities can be found on our website at www.catholiccharities.cc/careers
Catholic Charities ? Diocese of Rockville Centre ? An Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.22 /hour
- delivery driver: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Employee’s own clothing, so long as it meets the company dress code
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply