The Office Coordinator for the Independent Health Foundation, shall be responsible for the day to day office and clerical tasks for the department; monitor office expenditures and handle all office contracts; perform basic bookkeeping activities and update the accounts; schedule and plan board meetings to include minutes, reports and presentations. The Office Coordinator will also be an integral part of ensuring that the office operations run smoothly and are successful in supporting all business activities.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associates degree preferred.
- Three (3) years of administrative assistant or office/clerical direct support required.
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping principles and office management procedures.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Corporate Social Media experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the demonstrated ability to prepare correspondence (minutes, letters, reports); Ability to respond to requests in a timely manner and facilitate the appropriate exchange of information require.
- Effective organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects with minimal direction. Demonstrated ability to coordinator concurrent activities, schedule and organize functions, appointments and meetings.
- Exhibits initiative, creativity and self-motivation with the ability to effectively solve problems as they arise.
- Ability to assume responsibility and maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to work New Year?s Eve, Holidays and on Weekends and/or Evenings when an event occurs.
- Local travel required. Must have access to reliable transportation for local travel, special deliveries and purchasing supplies/materials/food, etc. Any Independent Health associate who uses a motor vehicle in the course of their duties representing Independent Health must be compliant with New York State Motor Vehicle laws and must follow the policy that pertains to Driver?s License Requirements as a condition of employment.
- Proven examples of displaying the IH values: Passionate, Caring, Respectful, Trustworthy, Collaborative and Accountable.
A. Office Support
Provide general secretarial support for directors and department. Assist in completing proposals, letters, invoices and reports. Track inventory and order department supplies/materials. Join and attend Support Staff Committee and any other meeting when delegated.
B. Financial Management
Oversee budget; research past expenditures and generate budget projections; track financials for adherence to budgetary boundaries; compile reports upon request. Act as the liaison with the Finance Department. Process all department income, invoices and expenses. Research financial reporting discrepancies suggest resolutions and recommend process improvements.
C. Coordinate Meetings
Coordinate board/committee meetings, special community meetings/events, to include logistics (set-up/ordering healthy food/supplies/screenings/registrations). Prepare appropriate packets/documents/reports for meetings to include memos, agendas, invitations, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
D. Customer Service
Responsible for the department incoming and outgoing correspondences to include phones, hotlines, emails which includes answering questions and taking registrations from the general public, volunteers, sponsors, artists, vendors and site contacts.
E. Board Support
Serve as the liaison to the board of directors. Plan and coordinate meetings and all correspondence to include program updates, meeting minutes, reports and presentations.
F. Create and Maintain Files
Create and maintain documents and spreadsheets. Responsible for maintaining the department filing system, including cataloging and proper storage of all files, in accordance with the corporate retention policy.
G. Special Projects
Attend all Foundation special events/programs to assist community partners and participants. Assist with other special projects as required for department.