The clerical support position utilizes various software programs, typing, filing and other tools to complete office assignments.
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Answer the telephone, take messages and distribute mail.
- Type correspondence and reports for staff and as needed.
- Compose routine correspondence.
- Update and design pamphlets.
- Maintain confidential files.
- Type Curriculum and Program Guides.
- Order supplies and coordinate printing needs.
- Communicate with school staff, parents, and personnel from other departments or agencies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Thorough knowledge of business English and spelling; ability to work well with a wide variety of people; ability to answer inquiries and assists the general public in a courteous manner; superior knowledge and expertise in the operation of personal computers with word processing and spreadsheet applications; ability to understand complex oral and written instructions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma. Considerable secretarial experience or an advanced secretarial training certificate/degree. A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
All applicants, both internal and external, must attach a letter of interest and a current detailed resume to your electronic application.
All applicants must complete the General Employment History section of the online application.
A minimum of three references are required in the reference section of your application. One of the three must be a current or most recent former supervisor for a position you held in this field. Relatives are not eligible to serve as a reference for you for employment purposes.