JOB TITLE: Nurse Practitioner Physician Assistant
LOCATION: Centre/Mifflin County
WORK SCHEDULED: Days/evenings/rotation/call
DEPARTMENT: Geisinger at Home
WORK TYPE: Full time ? Outpatient only – with in the patient’s home
HIRING MANAGER: Danny Gray
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) works in conjunction with the Home Care Physician, RN Case Manager, Social worker, and Pharmacist to provide a team approach in caring for the most complex patients. The NP/PA will provide direct hands on quality care in the patient?s home and develop care plans and interventions to meet the patients care needs, while connecting with the primary care provider.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1*The Geisinger at Home NP/PA is a field-based patient direct care position providing medical services for patients in their home. Workload is 90% clinical, 10% administrative. The Home Care NP works under the direction and supervision of collaborating Home Care physician.
2. *Performs comprehensive Health assessments which include psychosocial factors, and identify the anticipated needs of the patient.
3. *Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of patients in their home, while establishing short and long term goals to meet the patient?s needs.
4. *Educates patients and/or families about preventive care, medical issues, and use of
Prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
5. *Maintains open lines of communication with an emphasis on supportive relationships with primary care provider, case managers and social worker.
6. *Maintains legible and accurate medical records which meet state and federal regulations and maintains patient confidentiality.
7. *Must be able to take weeknight call on all assigned members and participates in weekend call rotations.
8 *Identifies the need for hospice care as appropriate in the terminal period of chronic diseases. Refers appropriate patients to the Home Care case manager for hospice program election or to be designated as a Potential Hospice candidate and monitored for decline.
9. *Will be responsible for meeting ongoing continuing medical education requirements and provide copy of documentation for internal and external continuing medical education attended to the office of credentialing.
10. All other duties as assigned.
- Denotes essential job functions.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
1.Ability and willingness to travel
2.Ability and willingness to take call after hours and participate in the weekend call rotation
3.Work is typically performed in the patient?s home
The Nurse Practitioner candidate must be eligible for licensure as a nurse practitioner in the state of PA.
The Physician Assistant candidate will require completion of an ARC-PA (or predecessor organization) approved physician assistant program, current NCCPA certification and Pennsylvania State licensure.
Home health, critical care, family medicine experience is helpful.
For more information, please contact, Jenna Spatafore, Talent Management Consultant, Geisinger, at 570-502-0902 or firstname.lastname@example.org
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
About Geisinger: Geisinger is a physician-led health system comprised of approximately 30,000 employees, including nearly 1,600 employed physicians, 13 hospital campuses, two research centers, and a 583,000-member health plan Geisinger is nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care. Geisinger serves more than 3 million people in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania and also in southern New Jersey with the addition of National Malcolm Baldridge Award recipient AtlantiCare, A member of Geisinger. In 2017, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine became the newest member of the Geisinger Family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. For more information, visit www.geisinger.org, or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
- Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.