(Published at 16-11-2019)
Looking for an MES Engineer to perform and direct the development, design, implementation, testing, and deployment of MES Solutions. A successful MES Engineer will participate in all phases of a project from requirements definition through go-live and training. Travel to various sites will be required for requirements gathering, project meetings, vendor engagement, and deployment. Candidates must have an excellent understanding of key discrete manufacturing processes to develop and execute the MES projects.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Drive requirement gathering workshops with various stakeholders to establish user requirements
- Define functional requirements for MES solutions through shadowing day to day processes, client interviews, and documentation analysis
- Develop detailed designs of MES solutions that meet plant requirements
- Provide project execution leadership and mentor fellow project members
- Work effectively at different levels within project teams
- Refine and follow Business Process Maps and/or User Cases for configuration of execution workflows
- Develop and improve processes, procedures and tools used in the execution of projects.
- Work with plant leadership to develop project methodologies that will enhance their standards
- Act as a liaison between the technical counterparts, system integrator, OEM vendor and Business Unit.
- Understand the project scope and financials, and participate in the vendor scope of work review to ensure successful project execution
- Plan and organize the work of a project team, develop the implementation strategies for projects, act as a mentor for individuals within the group, and resolve issues within the project teams
- Identify change orders and justify changes to Project Management; resolve issues and establish priorities between projects.
- Bachelors? degree in a relevant field with 3-5 years overall experience in a manufacturing environment
- 1 to 2yrs experience working on MES implementation in the manufacturing industry
- Experience with manufacturing applications such as QMS, CMMS, etc. is highly desirable
- Deployment experience with Rockwell MES platform (Rockwell Factory Talk : Factory Talk Production Centre )
- Ability to communicate effectively with business unit and third-party vendor partners at different levels of the organization.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to work in a team environment as both a leader and an individual contributor.
- Experience working with business units to create user requirements for MES.
- Experience developing user requirements and Functional Specification documents for MES projects
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Human Resources Genralist: 5 years (Preferred)