Functions as an ambassador of the practice by serving as a liaison to patients, internal and external referring physicians, and all allied health staff who interact with the department/division. Provides superior customer service through the handling of a high volume of telephone calls. Must possess a good understanding of the unique characteristics and operations of the department/division in order to proficiently support the practice. Principal functions include facilitating patient access, appropriately responding to patient inquiries, and accommodating referring physician requests. Additional duties may include but are not limited to routing patient concerns appropriately, calendar and schedule maintenance and handling physician mail.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent required.
- Minimum three years of secretarial, back office/front office experience in a physician’s office or customer service role required.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a commitment to customer service required.
- Administrative Assistant and scheduling background preferred.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Completion of a medical terminology course preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer experience with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Highly motivated, able to work independently.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize work load.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum pay rate is $18.88 per hour.
Hours / Pay period
Over the next four years, Mayo Clinic is making significant investments in both the physical and technological future of health care, through doubling the size of the Mayo Clinic campus in Phoenix, inclusive of practice, education, and research activities. Mayo Clinic’s campuses in Arizona are located in Phoenix and Scottsdale, in the beautiful Sonoran Desert. The region is known as the Valley of the Sun, a metropolitan area with more than 4 million residents in 25 cities and towns.
With Phoenix being the sixth largest city in the nation, this sunny “desert metropolis” offers the amenities of a big city in the midst of a strikingly beautiful, rugged, southwest landscape.
Scottsdale frequently earns praise as a highly desirable place to live. The city’s more than 200,000 residents enjoy a vibrant mix of culinary hot spots, arts and entertainment, professional and collegiate sports teams, and community resources. The region’s desert climate promotes an outdoor lifestyle with a full complement of sports and recreation.
Office & Administrative Support
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).