Responsible for assisting the Maintenance Department in a wide variety of administrative and clerical duties to ensure efficiency with in the Division.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist Department Manager and Project Managers in managing workflow of incoming and outgoing correspondence, authorizations, preparing, routing and tracking essential documents.
- Assist Department Manager and Project Managers in the review of outgoing materials for grammar, spelling, signature(s) and conformance with established policies and procedures.
- Review, process and maintain financial documents. Research and resolve problems that affect the balancing and adjusting of financial transactions.
- Update contract data, provide periodic status reports and enter daily work reports in computer applications.
- Scan and categorize incoming and outgoing documents using District applications.
- Scan and index documents in electronic document management system; i.e. construction plans for document management and manipulate images for better viewing quality.
- Track and pull financial reports, project and purchase order details using Harris County Integrated Financial and Administrative Solution (IFAS).
- Prepare, route and track various contract documents and correspondence for Commissioner?s Court.
- Update/maintain Department Manager?s calendar.
- Assist Department Manager with the preparation of the division budget and monitoring expenditures.
- Collect timesheets for departmental staff and deliver to department manager for approval.
- Attend meetings with coordinating departments.
- Provide backup administrative assistance to other departments, as needed.
- Perform other duties that may be added or changed as the course and scope of the job directs.
Education & Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Five years? experience in secretarial or administrative support related field.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures (scanning, filing and record keeping), computer operations and software applications and strong typing skills.
- Strong skills using Microsoft Office Professional (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Familiar with SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Bi-lingual skills in English and Spanish a plus.
Physical Demands & Environmental Exposure:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Frequent standing and walking; prolonged sitting for extended periods of time.
- Frequent sorting, filing, shelving and handling of documents, books, files, file drawers and related materials and equipment required for clerical operations.
- Occasional stooping, bending, reaching, lifting and carrying of items up to 15 pounds.
- Occasional ascending or descending stairs.
- Work is performed indoors in a normal office environment with acceptable lighting, temperature, air conditions and noise levels.
- May be exposed to fluids, compounds or chemicals used in cleaning offices and work areas, or for photographic or photocopier development or reproduction.
- Position Type: Regular Full-Time
- Employee Status: Non-Exempt
- Hours: 40 Hours per week
- Salary: To be discussed in interview
- Requires a valid Class ?C? Texas Driver?s License.
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations will be made upon request for applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990. Upon receiving a conditional offer of employment, all applicants are screened for the presence of illegal drugs, alcohol, and the ability to perform physical functions of this position. EOE 11/15/2019.
This position is/may be funded with U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) funds which are subject to compliance with Section 3. Section 3 is a provision of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968. The purpose of Section 3 is to ensure that employment and other economic opportunities generated by certain HUD financial assistance shall, to the greatest extent feasible, and consistent with existing Federal, State and local laws and regulations, be directed to low- and very low-income persons, particularly those who are recipients of government assistance for housing, and to business concerns which provide economic opportunities to low- and very low-income persons.