Level 1 Help Desk Analyst
(This is a temporary assignment with a possibility of going permanent)
NewsTech, the new shared technology services division of News Corp, provides technology services, support, and solutions across Dow Jones, HarperCollins, News America Marketing, The New York Post, and realtor.com. This model aims to optimize IT services globally through the integration of operations and expansion of expertise. NewsTech allows each company it services to focus on what they do best, while receiving a higher level of technology services.
NewsTech is looking for a Level 1 Help Desk Analyst to provide internal facing technical support for our employees and contractors. NewsTech is a shared technology services model across several News Corp business units including; Dow Jones, HarperCollins, News America Marketing, The New York Post, and Realtor.com. Candidates should have a passion for technology and a desire to help people. The individual in this role has a wide scope of responsibilities including PC, Mac, networking, SCCM, Active Directory, Office 365, and more. They will provide assistance with issues, questions, and requests submitted by our customers via remote access, through telephone, e-mail, ticketing system, and/or hands on intervention as needed. Level 1 Help Desk Analysts are responsible for coordinating appropriate interactions to address every request to resolution.
This position requires a high percentage of incident resolution, problem-solving and technical skills using various diagnostic tools. In addition, inter-personal skills are required to guide customers through situations, providing the highest levels of resolution, support and customer satisfaction, in-line with company policy and procedures. This may often be under challenging; conditions.
- Record and where possible, resolve customer queries using various diagnostic tools and interpersonal skills
- Record, and where possible, fulfil service requests
- Own and progress incidents and requests with other Technology teams, on the customer?s behalf
- Manage high impact incidents affecting the technology systems and environments
- Provide the highest levels of customer support and satisfaction in-line with the Dow Jones policy and procedures
- Responsible for answering telephone calls in a polite and timely manner whilst achieving agreed call wait levels
- To ensure all calls are logged accurately and categorized correctly with all relevant information being recorded
- Ensure that all emails are logged correctly and in a timely manner and that all information is accurately collated to enable the Service Desk or other teams to easily assess the requirements and respond to customers and the business within the agreed service level targets
- To ensure that Operational Level Agreement and Service Level Agreement levels are adhered to at all times
- To prioritize workload, and escalate high priority calls to Service Desk Management as necessary
- To work using own initiative and work within a team environment
- To understand and undertake the roles and responsibilities outlined in the Incident management process to the highest standard
- To strive to deliver continual service improvement, proactively suggesting improvements to the incident management process to the Incident manager or other process areas as identified
- To manage and handoff incidents and service requests to offshore locations and coordinate with these teams as necessary
- To maintain a comprehensive understanding of the Service Desk knowledge base systems to deliver an unparalleled customer service experience
- To strive to attain the highest possible first time service resolution rate for customers
- To actively promote the Service Desk team to adhere to good practice and ITIL process wherever necessary
- To liaise with other members of the Service Desk in relation to Incidents and Service Requests and to maintain strong general communication lines
- To maintain an up-to-date level of knowledge with regards technology, in particular security policies and company standards
- The role holder would be expected to develop a comprehensive knowledge of the company?s business plans and organization, including key users of technology and their needs
- The role holder will receive an incentive payment for attaining the highest level of customer satisfaction and meeting all related Service Desk targets
- Work as part of a 7×24 operation, providing on-call support and onsite support overnight as required
- Must be willing to work unsociable hours on occasion and be prepared to travel between locations as needed
- An excellent telephone manner is required together with the ability to handle challenging support situations with a calm and methodical approach
- Formal education preferably. Desirable qualification in a technical discipline, demonstrating skills in the understanding, investigation, analysis and presentation of complex information
- Desirable to hold ITIL qualification V3 Foundation level
- Desirable to hold Microsoft Certified Professional, Microsoft Technology Specialist or equivalent technical certification
- Desirable to have previous experience of working with RemedyForce and JIRA or another relevant Service Management tool
- Desirable to have experience of working with Active Directory, SAP, Google Mail, MS Office, Windows and Mac environments, and have a good understanding of networks
- Relevant experience in a Service Desk or Call Centre environment
- 2 years? experience in a Service Desk / Help Desk environment is desirable
- Strong Team Player, excellent communication skills, excellent organizational skills, self-motivated / drive, Flexible
- Good interpersonal skills for written, oral and face to face communications, both within Technology and the business
- Ability to lift 30 lbs., and agility to work under desks at times
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put ?Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line.
Business Area: NCT – EUS – Service Desk
Job Category: Contingent Workers
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world?s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America?s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron?s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view “Find Jobs – Dow Jones.” Thank you.
Req ID: 19237