Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth.
Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Are you looking to work in a fast paced environment among a dynamic and creative team? Would you like to explore an opportunity within a growing organization? Do you have a real passion for technology?
We currently have an opening based out of our Mount Laurel, NJ location for a Java Developer. This is an excellent time to join Broadridge as we continue to grow and expand our organization. You will operate across the development, client implementation, and client support teams to develop and maintain our enterprise portfolio management and investment accounting platform in support of clients, including buy-side institutional investment plans, asset managers, wealth managers, portfolio managers, investment trading professionals, and accounting professionals. We are looking for a versatile developer who work well in a development team using iterative development methodologies to build robust, high-quality production systems.
- You will work with the project team to translate application requirements and use cases into functional applications, specifications and workflow documentation while constructing code in compliance with specifications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, reliable and testable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Collaborate with the development team to construct integrated solutions
- Design, develop, implement and maintain software applications using specified development environments, programming languages and tools
- Craft and execute unit software test cases and work alongside product quality assurance to resolve bugs, clarify functionality and resolve software usability issues
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Analyze databases, and optimize database queries
- 3-5 years of experience in Java, J2EE, JDBC – Spring and with Java script libraries including JQuery and Angular
- You will have experience with Java GUI frameworks such as Spring MVC, Swing and Qt Jambi
- 2+ years working with RESTful Web Services
- Good knowledge of its ecosystems and Object-Oriented design
- Skill for writing reusable Java libraries
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns in Java
- Knowledgable in Unix shell scripting
- 3+ years of working experience with SQL (basic proficiency) and experience with external and embedded databases
- Familiarity with source-code version control systems such as Git – Mercurial
- Hands on experience in designing and building applications using Java EE platforms
- Basic understanding of the class loading mechanism in Java
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with C++
- Experience with Cloud Technologies (especially AWS) a plus
- Experience working on DevOps teams
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in computer science, information systems, or equivalent combination of education and related experience required
- Practical experience in the financial investment industry with a high degree of proficiency developing applications using these skills
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills (both written and verbal), sense of humor, and exceptional character
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time and within budget, with a demonstrated focus on client happiness
- Consistent track record for developing, releasing, and supporting multiple high quality products
- Professional experience developing performant, scalable, complex systems
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster.
?Our Associate Matter, Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion, Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth.?