Guided by instructional design theory, models, and best practices, the Instructional Designer will work as an integral part of a collaborative development team. This individual will conceptualize and storyboard instructionally sound, interactive, engaging, web-based interactive objects and input these components into learning management systems. Candidates must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with members of the academic community.
- Consult with academics to design objective-aligned and engaging learning experiences and authentic assessments that encourage critical thinking skills and skill application.
- Construct learning experiences that promote interaction, social presence, and community among students and between students and faculty.
- Ensure courses are designed on time, on budget and according to academic partners? specifications and standards.
- Conceptualize and storyboard engaging interactive learning objects that promote active learning.
- Use data and feedback to guide course revision and the continual improvement of learning experiences.
- Build fully online courses in partner-chosen learning management systems.
- Complete instructional design documentation to ensure quality and consistency.
- Conduct quality assurance reviews on courses and implement revisions.
- Serve as a resource to business units and partner faculty during course delivery.
As the ideal candidate, you have:
- knowledge of adult learning principles, constructivism, facilitation, and learner-centered activities
- successfully designed quality online learning experiences
- a strong commitment to quality standards and service
- an awareness of accessibility issues and use of assistive technologies in course design
- outstanding client management skills; ability to understand faculty needs and translate those into dynamic courses
- the proven ability to work as a contributing and collegial member of a team and to communicate proactively within the team environment
- the ability to work with multiple deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment
- the ability to adapt and to solve problems proactively and creatively
- a passion for creating and improving online learning
- excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with stakeholders at all levels including academic leaders, faculty, and production teams
- curiosity about new tools and techniques for engaging learners and demonstrating outcomes
- comfort in working within project management applications
- the ability to prioritize, adhere to budgets, and meet deadlines
- strong attention to detail
- the aptitude to work with a range of academic content
- experience in evaluating learner outcomes and their impact on curriculum design
Education: Minimum of a bachelor?s degree in education, instructional design, or related; master?s degree preferred
- 2+ years in instructional design consultation, preferably with academics in higher education settings
- 3-5 years of experience in learning design, academic technology, product development or related discipline, generating innovative online learning experiences and authentic assessments
- Familiarity with building course materials into learning management systems and utilizing the best online educational tools to promote student goal mastery
- Experience conducting training sessions for both small and large groups
- Experience working with simulations, games and other multimedia content
- Higher education online teaching experience (a plus)
Travel: travel to client and partner sites as needed, potentially up to 15% of time
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point
- Experience with Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, Captivate, Adobe Creative Suite similar tools (a plus)
- Experience with learning management systems including Blackboard, Moodle, Canvas and others
- Understanding of video technology and basic editing
About Keypath Education:
Keypath Education is dedicated to creating global access to high-quality online education by partnering with the world?s best universities to launch and grow high-quality degree programs with its online program management (OPM) services. Through OPM partnerships, Keypath acts as an extension of the university?s team, keeping its brand and academic rigor intact while accelerating the growth and quality of the university program portfolio and providing an exceptional student experience through industry-leading technology. Services provided include market research, capital investment, program development, marketing, student recruitment, retention and course development. The company supports more than 20+ partners and 80+ online programs worldwide via its offices and teams in the United States, Canada, the U.K. and Australia. Learn more at keypathedu.com.
Why It Is So Great to Work at Keypath Education:
Keypath offers a high-energy culture that is team-focused, data driven, challenging and exciting. We work hard, but our offices filled with people who like working together. People understand what is expected of them and are empowered to make the right decisions that achieve results in an ethical way.
Keypath offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Generous paid leave policies
- Tuition reimbursement program
Note: The above statements outline describe nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required. All employees may be required to occasionally perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed.
Keypath Education is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans? status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Keypath?s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.