Information Technology Specialist
Army Recruiting Office Great Lakes
(Published at 14-11-2019)
Information technology specialists are responsible for maintaining, processing and troubleshooting military computer systems/operations.
- Maintenance of networks, hardware, and software
- Provide customer and network administration services
- Construct, edit and test computer programs
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for an information technology specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 20 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction.
Some of the skills you?ll learn are:
- Use of computer consoles and peripheral equipment
- Computer systems concepts
- Planning, designing and testing computer systems
- Interest in computer science
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Experience in the installation of computers