Contract Length: 200 days
To contribute to the efficient operation of the school?s attendance office so that the office has a positive impact on students? education and maintains an effective role in the educational process.
- Properly manages and inputs all attendace records for students.
- Serves as the secretary to an assistant principal.
- Performs all secretarial and clerical duties pertaining to the administrative functions of the school office.
- Serves a receptionist for school visitors and students, delivers messages, refer visitors and students to proper persons, and personally handles routine problems and questions.
- Types letters, forms, reports and other materials.
- Maintains a pleasant attitude being tactful and courteous with all school personnel, students, and visitors.
- Maintains the confidentiality of reports, records, and personal experiences of a private nature regarding students, school employees, and patrons.
- Keeps the office up-to-date and attractive.
- Performs such other secretarial and clerical duties as may be assigned by the Principal.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
Must be a high school, business, or commercial school graduate and two years of secretarial experience is required. Ability to perform general office duties and operate standard office machines and/or equipment necessary for duties assigned. Ability to demonstrate satisfactory performance in typing, filing, record keeping, and office procedure. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the School Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Must have the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; exhibit manual dexterity, hear and understand speech at normal levels; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly; physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds; to bend, stoop, climb stairs, walk and reach overhead.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The High School Secretary will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the Principal or appropriate administrator. Bedford County Public Schools reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time.