Jersey Shore Steel Co invites you to join our team as a Systems Administrator if you possess leadership skills, contribute to a team environment, enjoy supporting all phases of infrastructure administration, and have successfully performed these skills in a current role. Jersey Shore Steel Co offers the opportunity to perform these responsibilities with a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Position Summary: The Systems Administrator assists in all phases of infrastructure administration and support. This includes building and supporting Microsoft servers and applications, supporting Active Directory and Group Policy infrastructure. Provide local and remote support of custom applications and hardware. The Systems Administrator will respond to system and user alerts, triage the incident, and resolve the issue or escalate appropriately.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- System Administration * Assist with administering corporate and production infrastructure including Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy, Windows servers, IIS, Exchange, VMWare, Cisco based networking components (e.g., switches, routers, firewalls, etc.) SAN technologies, networking, internet access, and PC configuration, etc?.
- Perform system administration tasks including building and deploying servers, system and application deployment and configuration, and system updates.
- Assist with creation of new hire AD accounts, e-mail and application accounts, and telephone extensions.
- Operational Support * Provide support of HQ and Production equipment including Servers, switches, printers, etc.
- Troubleshoot complex issues to determine root cause and identify resolutions.
- Perform basic reporting through a variety of tools and SQL queries.
- Asset Management * Assists with the inventory management of software licenses, software, hardware, and other IT supplies.
- Ability to successfully anticipate issues or challenges without being specifically directed.
- Strong ability to meet target deadlines and manage time effectively.
- Rotating on-call shifts will be required.
- Weekend, off-hour shifts will be occasional.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: * 3 years in a system administrator role.
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory, VMware, Cisco network equipment management and server administration
- Knowledge of Powershell a plus
- Firm understanding of networking and network devices
- Ability to thrive on a small team in a fast paced environment
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Associates? degree and/or equivalent work experience along with a high school diploma (or equivalent) is required.
- Microsoft certification a plus (MCSE)
Job Type: Full-time
- system administration: 3 years (Required)
- Associate (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off