OPERATIONS/GENERAL MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
$72-$77K Depending on experience and qualifications
This position is responsible for the planning, directing and coordination of operations for SLH Home Systems. A key purpose of this position is to ensure and improve the performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of departmental and organizational operations through the provision of effective methods and strategies. A successful operations manager needs a strong leadership background, the ability to facilitate programs and handle logistics, experience overseeing budgets and supervising employees, and the confidence to handle challenges efficiently and tactfully. Professional skills and the ability to motivate and hold people accountable are imperative.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordination and Supervision – Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of various departments within SLH Home System. Hire, supervise and evaluate employees and their job performance. Provide direction to employees on certain job tasks, resolves challenges concerning work performance, establish rules/procedures and create work schedules. Create a work environment that fosters positive energy, creativity and teamwork among employees.
- Budget Management ? Organize, analyze, interpret and evaluate results and provide practical, cost-effective solutions to challenges as they arise. Review financial statements and data. Utilize financial data to improve profitability. Prepare and control operational budgets. Control inventory. Plan effective strategies for the financial well-being of both companies.
- Best Practices/Processes & Procedures – Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals. Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Human Resources ? Organize and assist with recruitment and placement of required staff. Establish organizational structures. Delegate tasks and accountabilities. Establish work schedules. Supervise staff. Monitor and evaluate performance.
- Production – Coordinate and monitor the work of various departments involved in production, warehousing, pricing and distribution of goods. Monitor performance and implement improvements. Ensure quality of products. Manage quality and quantity of employee productivity. Oversee maintenance of equipment and company vehicles. Provide technical support where necessary.
- Communication – Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of support services such as IT, HR, Marketing Accounts and Finance. Facilitate coordination and communication between support functions.
- Sales, Marketing and Customer Service – Manage customer support. Plan and support sales and marketing activities.
- Strategic Input – Liaison with top management. Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans.
- Representation ? Serve as spokesperson for the company and discuss the various objectives and plans the business have in store to make the client and its own business more successful. This involvement may also foster additional business opportunities for the company.
Education and Experience
The formal education and experience for the operations/general manager job description varies according to the nature of the job responsibilities. However the following are commonly required in the operations manager role.
- College degree in business administration, commerce, management, industrial technology or industrial engineering. Certain schools offer bachelor’s and master’s degrees in operations management.
- Industry relevant production experience in the construction trades or similar
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices
- Knowledge of basic financial and accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of basic human resource principles and practices
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices
- Information technology skills
- A minimum of seven years of experience in General Operations with progressive supervisory experience.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Communication skills
- Influencing and leading
- Team work
- Conflict management
- Stress tolerance
*SLH Systems is the Twin Cities? Premier Provider of Home Automation, Security and Alarm Systems, Home Theater Systems & More proudly serving Greater Minneapolis ? Burnsville, MN to Lakeville, MN, Edina, MN, Minnetonka, MN, White Bear Lake, MN, and beyond for over thirty years.
As a leading home electronics systems design and installation company in the Twin Cities, we specialize in tailoring electronics systems to meet each client?s needs and dreams, while providing up-to-date information, advice, technology and installation.
We offer competitive pay and benefits packages.
No phone calls or recruiters please.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $72,000.00 to $77,000.00 /year
- Construction industry or similar: 3 years (Preferred)
- Operations Management: 7 years (Preferred)