Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, paid time off, education assistance and much more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent Care and Health Care)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
Balfour Beatty has been awarded the $1.7B I-635 LBJ East project in Dallas. Substantial completion for the project is anticipated in the second half of 2024. The work for the project includes widening and full reconstruction of about 11 miles of I-635 at the LBJ Freeway, in addition to creating a new general-purpose lane in each direction and rebuilding the existing managed lane.
The project team is currently seeking a Civil Construction Project Manager. The ideal candidate will provide overall supervision and coordination. This position requires maintaining a strong working relationship with inspectors, developers, vendors, and subcontractors, so outstanding customer service skills are essential.
- Direct all job personnel in the implementation of E.E.O., safety, and preventive maintenance policies.
- Analyze and update cost information on job cost reporting data.
- Review all billings to ensure accurate reflection of job cost.
- Submit regular billings to owners and general contractor to ensure prompt payment.
- Process all change orders as required by project owners to include detail necessary for job cost reporting software.
- Maintain profit/loss accountability for individual projects to include job cost controls as established by the construction manager and take proactive measures to meet or beat budgeted costs.
- Present and discuss change order needs with owners and owners representatives.
- Read and interpret owner s drawings and specifications insuring that BBC staff and sub-contractors understand all the specific job requirements.
- Schedule and coordinate all resources as needed to complete the project.
- Monitor self-performed work to ensure labor and equipment resources are in line with needs.
- Review daily time sheets to insure accurate job cost data.
- Create and maintain general schedule and update schedule as job progresses or changes.
- Create ten-day detailed schedule and update weekly.
- Provide all AB&R personnel and sub-contractor personnel with sufficient notice to ensure all work is started on schedule.
- Order and properly allocate cost for all material resources needed to complete the project.
- 5+ years experience within the construction industry on Highway Bridge projects.
- Project Management experience within Heavy Civil construction projects
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management, Civil Engineer or equivalent, but may be substituted by experience.
- TxDOT construction experience
- Experience managing direct reports
- Experience scheduling and coordinating both self-performed and subcontracted work.
- Ability to analyze and forecast job cost
- Design Build Experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite Primavera P6
- Knowledge AutoCad or MicroStation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation s largest building contractors by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.