Porex, is seeking a Strategic Marketing Manager based in Fairburn, GA. This position will be responsible for all strategies, marketing research, assessments and tactical execution plans for assigned markets. Position reports to the Director Strategic Marketing responsible for growth in new markets.
As a part of the Filtration Group, Porex is the established global leader in one-of-a-kind solutions for the healthcare, consumer, and industrial markets. Our products make life safer, healthier and more productive for people around the world every day. To learn more, visit us at www.porex.com.
Filtration Group is on a mission to make the world safer, healthier and more productive. With a passionate workforce, global footprint and world class engineering and manufacturing capabilities, we are driving innovation and developing solutions across a broad spectrum of applications in the fast-growing global filtration industry. We are committed to maintaining an entrepreneurial culture built on a foundation of trust and in which our leaders exhibit a strong bias for action.
The Company began in 2009 and has rapidly grown to be a global leader in the highly attractive filtration industry. With revenues of $1.6 billion, Filtration Group is consistently recognized as the fastest growing and one of the largest filtration businesses in the world. With over 7,000 employees, the Company serves its customers from a global footprint of 105 facilities in over 25 countries. Filtration Group operates across a wide variety of attractive end markets and produces mission critical products with high replacement rates. Over 80% of the Company?s revenue comes from replacement / consumable products, many of which are specified into customer?s products or processes.
Filtration Group is an affiliate of Madison Industries, one of the largest and most successful privately held companies in the world. Madison builds entrepreneurially driven, branded market leaders that are committed to making the world safer, healthier and more productive by creating innovative solutions that deliver outstanding customer value. The team at Madison is committed to building something truly remarkable that long outlasts them while coaching others to reach their highest potential. Please visit Madison at www.madison.net.
Job Functions include but are not limited to:
- Leading, managing and directing all of the marketing related activities of profitable new growth strategies for the business on a global basis.
- Prioritizing opportunities within assigned markets and aligning them with the wider CASE (Consumer, Automotive, Specialty, Electronics) portfolio.
- Developing global business plans that define customer segments, economics [willingness to pay and cost to serve], competitive dynamics, target segments, development of offerings for each target segment, and development of all go-to-market approaches including channel, positioning, pricing and promotion.
- Provide business and financial justification for production selection
- Indentify, connect and build rapport with KOLS (Key Opinion Leaders) in new markets to gain key insights in driving adoption of Porex offererings
- Communicate the definition/requirements for new product introductions
- Manage stages of the product portfolio life cycel from concept through profit optimization
- Create a market driven strategic technology development plan to support product innovation over a three year horizon
- Working closely with the R&D, Marketing Communications, Sales Enablement and Regional Sales to build, prove and articulate the value proposition of the technology offering for target segments.
- Driving international pipeline growth through Regional Sales and Key Account teams in key markets to achieve financial targets
Acting as the primary contact for supporting Sales team members across the globe in creation of a robust pipeline of growth projects for assigned segments.
- Working with Price & Value Management team to provide global value-based pricing principles and frameworks for assigned segments.
Education: Bachelor?s degree in marketing or related business discipline or undergraduate degree in engineering or related technical disciplines. MBA preferred.
Mindset and Approach: An individual with clear bias for action, who performs best in an environment that value trust and acts openly, honestly and transparently; with entrepreneurial drive and self-reliance with a passion for our customers.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years? experience in B2B marketing, product management or similar business role. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with various functions and across countries to drive business results. Experience in automotive, electronics, filtration, consumer or home packaged goods industry is preferred. Experience living or working outside of the United States is a plus.
Other skills and abilities include:
- Excellent strategic, project management, analytical and creative problem-solving ability.
- Innovation experience strongly desired
- Strong bias for action and ability to adapt quickly to new or ambiguous situations.
- Leadership presence. Must possess confidence and assertiveness in actions and ideas.
- Strong business acumen.
- Proven record of success in professional settings
- Critical and strategic thinker who can manage the details.
- Achievement oriented with a positive ?can do? attitude toward learning.
- A strong sense of urgency and a desire to exceed expectations.
- Able to work autonomously but also operate as part of a matrixed team, motivating and leading a diverse global team of professionals.
- Exceptional organizational skill. Ability to prioritize initiatives and actions.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple functions and strong ability to build relationships and credibility quickly across functions and levels within the business units.
- Excellent presentation skills and experience in training and presenting to sales teams, customers and other stakeholders.
- Advanced profiencey in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.