Location: New York
Under direction from the Accounting Manager, the Staff Accountant performs technical and complex accounting duties in the preparation, maintenance and review of financial records, accounts and reports. This position establishes and maintains new accounting and fiscal control records and procedures, interprets accounts and records. The position also assists in the preparation of fiscal analyses such as revenue projections or costs/benefit analyses. Minimum Qualifications Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Reads, speaks, understands and writes proficiently in English.
- Effectively communicates orally and in writing.
- Represents the organization in a professional and effective manner to the community.
- Works independently and is self-directed.
- Supports, motivates and sustains a team-oriented culture.
- Problem-solves with creativity and ingenuity.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and coordinates multiple activities and tasks.
- Remains calm and effective in high pressure and emergency situations.
- Works with initiative, energy and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment.
- Produces work in high quantity and quality.
- Financial skills in budgeting and handling all phases of the accounting cycle which includes: Accounts Payable; payroll; month-end closing; preparation of financial statements.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Bachelor?s degree with an emphasis on Accounting.
- Accounting experience (2 years).
- Understanding and practical use of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Familiarity with automated accounting systems.
- Familiarity with community health centers, medical/dental clinics or practices, or other healthcare settings.
- Financial analysis experience.
- One year not-for-profit experience.
- Driver’s license with the State of Washington.
- Motor vehicle insurance liability policy, a certificate of deposit, or a liability bond to the required limits.
Job Specific Functions/Performance Expectations:
1. Maintains accurate and complete accounting records in accordance with CHC?s policies and procedures, and in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Standards and regulatory agencies.
2. Ensures compliance with CHC?s established internal controls.
3. Assists in the preparation of financial reports.
4. Manages full Fixed Asset cycle, including project tracking, assisting with purchase/lease analysis and recording the purchase, disposal and depreciation of fixed assets.
5. Assists with preparation of IRS Form 990 tax organizer and schedules.
6. Preparation of monthly journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations.
7. Assists with preparation of audit schedules and works with auditors to complete various periodic audits.
8. Performs research of accounting issues to ensure transactions are recorded in conformity with GAAP, governing agreements and regulatory grant requirements.
9. Participates or assists in the annual budget preparation process.
10. Responds to requests for information from other departments within the agency.
11. Performs financial analysis and special projects as assigned.
12. Assists with preparation of annual regulatory reporting, including but not limited to Medicare and Medicaid Cost Report, Uniform Data Set (?UDS? report), Financial Status Report (?FSR?) and other State and Federal report as required.
13. Ensures compliance with CHC cash handling policies, including but not limited to regular audits of clinic and pharmacy cash boxes and bank reconciliation.
14. Provides support for the Payroll Specialist, which includes processing of bi-weekly payroll on a quarterly basis.
15. Adheres to attendance standards in order to perform the job functions for daily operations and/or continuity of patient care.
We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package designed to address health, time off, retirement and career-advancement needs. We also offer an additional $0.75/hour for those who test proficiently in a second language.
To learn more and to apply for this position, please visit our website www.CHCsno.org to complete an online application and/or submit your resume for consideration.
Join a team that loves what they do and cares about those they serve.
CHC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA)/At-will employer.