Sr Loan Collector – Retail Lending(Job Number: 200133)
TCF Bank is seeking a dynamic Senior Loan Collector to join our Retail Collection team!
Competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits plan, and opportunities for career advancement make this a career opportunity you won’t want to miss. Plus, we offer an inclusive team-oriented work environment with the support you need to succeed. Join our team and experience the difference!
Major Areas of Accountability
- Communicates with customers verbally and in writing to negotiate repayment of past due loans. Through understanding of customer?s delinquency, determines appropriate strategies to obtain payment and that is equitable for TCF and our customers.
- Handles difficult customers and unusual situations independently
- Maintain concise records of all accounts
- Keep well informed on the status of all delinquent accounts by setting up and maintaining an orderly and accurate tickler file, office filing, and record keeping system which facilitates the timely performance or collection responsibilities and prompt retrieval of information needed
- Advises customers of their responsibility under the mortgage contract and counsels them regarding the budgeting of payments
- Reviews and processes delinquent mortgage payments and insufficient funds checks
- Handle extension and due date changes
- Assists in the collection/recovery of account of other staff members during absences due to illness, vacation, etc.
- Prepares periodic reports on delinquent loans and collections activities as required
- Skip trace to locate good contact information for customers
- High school education or equivalent
- Two or more years of prior collections work experience required
- Current knowledge of corporate, investor, insurance company, foreclosure and government collection regulations
- Ability to handle difficult customers and unusual situations independently
- Demonstrated ability to listen and work with customers to accomplish workable solutions to default problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; knowledge of and ability to use correct grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently; excellent organizational skills
- Ability to type with accuracy and speed (35-40 wpm) plus working knowledge of Excel
- Post-secondary education at a business or vocational school
- 3+ years? experience working in a collections environment
- Previous lending experience
Build your career with TCF
You have room to grow at TCF. We promote from within whenever possible. You can expand your career in the financial services industry through our network of operations: retail and commercial banking, inventory and equipment financing, and corporate services.
Established in 1923, TCF has maintained a strong foundation. TCF has over 340 branches in Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan, Colorado, Wisconsin, Arizona and South Dakota, providing retail and commercial banking services. TCF also conducts commercial leasing, indirect auto finance, and equipment finance business in all 50 states, and commercial inventory finance business in all 50 states and Canada.
Build a better community with TCF
We are helping make life better in the communities we serve, and we encourage our team members to do so as well. We offer free financial education for teens and adults. Our foundation contributes more than $3 million annually, with preference for organizations where our team members volunteer. We match team members? contributions to qualified organizations and we match volunteers with organizations that need the time and talents our team members can provide.
TCF encourages open employee communications and promotes from within whenever possible.
We offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits plan, and opportunities for career advancement. For more details on our benefits, click on the Employee Benefits link on our career page.
We?re proud to be an equal opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or other status protected by applicable law. TCF is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Primary Location:USA-Illinois-Burr Ridge-Us-Il-Burr Ridge- 800 Burr Ridge Parkway
Work Locations: Us-Il-Burr Ridge- 800 Burr Ridge Parkway 60527