Social Worker – Initial Response (2)
Location: River Block Building – WR
FT/PT: Full-time 38.75hrs/week – WRS Eligible
Deadline to apply: 11/24/2019
Hiring Range: $46,224.10 to $57,387.20/Annually
There are two positions available. One located in Wisconsin Rapids, WI and one located in Marshfield, WI.
WHO WE ARE:
The Wood County Human Services Department has great passion for helping the members of our community. As an employer, we strive to provide a work environment where diversity and differing opinions are valued, creativity is encouraged, continuous learning and improvement are fostered, teamwork and open/honest communication are encouraged, and meeting customer needs through quality services is a shared goal across all departments. If you have a background in Social Work and a passion to help the members of our community, please consider joining our team!
WHAT WE OFFER:
In addition to who we are, Wood County team members are offered competitive salaries, flexible schedules, and excellent benefits, including:
CURRENT OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN OUR TEAM:
The Wood County Human Services Department have two full-time (.97 FTE) openings for a Social Worker-Initial Response positions. The Social Worker position responds to reports of child maltreatment by providing safety assessments, identifying risk factors and evaluating the need for services in an effort to ensure child safety and enhance family functioning. The work is performed under the immediate direction of the Initial Response Supervisor.
No supervisory responsibility.
A. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1. Use Social Work Methods, principles, and interviewing techniques with parents and/or children to assess for safety in cases of alleged maltreatment. The social worker will need to establish rapport with the parents and family to obtain adequate information to identify any potential safety threats or risk factors and determine if formal interventions are warranted. The social worker must develop a cooperative working relationship with other community systems involved with treatment of the child and his family and assist the family in obtaining services as needed.
2. Provide services to children at risk of abuse and neglect and their families. Juvenile court preparation and testimony is required.
3. Manage workload to assure adequate compliance with required paperwork and establish accountability procedures.
4. Function as a team member with Family Resource Coordinators, volunteers, and other support staff.
5. Responsible to know and practice the Safety policies of the County. Perform all job tasks in a safe and prescribed manner.
B. OTHER JOB DUTIES
1. Attend department staff meetings, appropriate training and education, and supervisory conferences. Demonstrate the ability to constructively utilize training and education provided and administrative consultation.
2. Any other duties as may be assigned.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, QUALIFICATIONS
Minimum qualifications of a Bachelor?s Degree in Social Work or a directly related field and possession of, or eligibility for, Social Work Certification in accordance with Wisconsin Chapter 457.08 is required. This position may require travel to and from off-campus sites. Individual may use personal vehicle or other means of reliable transportation. Basic everyday living skills, the ability to understand and follow directions (agency manuals, etc.), and reading and writing (for reports) is necessary. Ability to communicate orally and in writing with individuals and groups.
Basic office equipment used – computer terminal, printing equipment, dictation equipment, telephone, copy machine, FAX machine.