The Credit Representative is responsible for the collections of accounts receivable within the assigned credit area. The position works closely with their Credit Manager, credit staff, and sales to meet customer requirements and collection goals. Knowledge of construction lien laws and legal matters is a plus, in order to protect accounts receivable to minimize losses and maximize cash flow. The position must maintain good relations with all external and internal customers.
- Monitor, protect, and manage the company’s investment in accounts receivable
- Manage individual portfolio of customers for collections
- Contact customers for accounts receivable balances and meeting daily call quota provided by management
- File liens to protect accounts receivable under the assigned customer portfolio
- Handle sensitive customer issues
- Process and complete daily lien waivers and releases
- Maintain a clean aging by resolving customer adjustments in a timely manner
- Present collection updates to management on individual customers
- Partner with all lines of business to ensure total customer satisfaction
- Achieve monthly DSO and collection percentage goals
- 3 years collection background, preferred in commercial
- 2 years of directly related construction work experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of PC Programs (Microsoft Office, Outlook, IBM Notes, SAP ECC, SAP CRM and web applications
- Construction lien law knowledge a plus
- Organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and thorough follow-up skills
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with both internal and external customers
- Manage time effectively to schedule and prioritize assignments
- Manage time and tasks when dealing with emergencies
- Works in office and occasionally at plants, terminals, warehouses and other facilities
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- May be required to work after hours and on weekends or holidays for project implementation
- Domestic and international travel required
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently
- Job involves sitting most of the time, but also involves walking or standing for brief periods of time
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all local, state and federal laws.
CEMEX is an E-Verify participating employer.
Arizona Smoke-Free Act. CEMEX complies with the State of Arizona?s Smoke-Free Act (Arizona Revised Statutes § 36-601.01). Smoking and/or the use of tobacco or related products is prohibited in and on CEMEX property as well as any building and/or vehicle owned or leased by CEMEX.
EEO Statement – En Español
CEMEX es una institución EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acción afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientación sexual, información genética, identidad de género, o expresión de género en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.