The Rebate Analyst is responsible for the administration and analysis of State Medicaid and Commercial payor contracts including scrutinizing, processing, and paying rebates and analysing quarterly utilization and rebate trends and variances.
- Rebate Processing: Manages and collaborates with third party invoice processor to ensure invoice received per service level agreements. Maintains invoice tracker and ensures invoice submissions are accurately scrutinized to ensure correct amounts are paid in a timely manner.
- Dispute Resolution: Proactively drives review of potential disputes and collaborates with the state(s) through review, acceptance, deduction or correction of claim level detail.
- Subject Matter Expert : To continuously maintain a thorough understanding of rules and regulations impacting the rebate contracting environment.
- Departmental Interface : Works cross-functionally with internal colleagues in Contracting, Account Management, Accounts Receivable/Payable, Information Systems, and Revenue Accounting.
The responsibilities of this job include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manages Government Rebates, including Medicaid Rebates (FFS and Managed Medicaid), State Supplemental, State Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs (SPAPs), Part D Coverage Gap, Tricare Refund Invoices, etc. from receipt of invoice to timely payment.
- Processes Managed Care rebates, including Commercial, Part D, and Managed Medicaid.
- Reviews and validates invoice detail against terms of the contract or program guidelines.
- Process assigned transactions in a compliant and accurate manner in accordance with internal controls (including SOX), policies, procedures and regulations.
- Resolves open disputes with states whether related to claims or statement balances. Work closely with State personnel, internal customers, and finance and rebate teams. Maintain good customer relations
- Ensures timely delivery of rebate processing and provide clear and open communication to team members, customers and account representatives.
- Compile & distribute quarterly and ad-hoc Coverage Gap, sales, trend, and rebate reports to internal and external customers.
- Creating and updating desk procedures and SOPs.
- Responsible for maintaining an effective customer focus: communicating with and providing rebate activity and supporting documentation to external and internal customers.
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations as assigned.
- Participates and/or contributes to special projects as needed.
- Responsible for adhering to all company and departmental policies and procedures.
Education: Bachelor?s Degree
Field of Study: Finance or Accounting
Experience: 2+ years of experience in pharmaceutical contracting and or related financial operations.
Travel: Occasional (up to 10%)
In addition to the minimum qualifications, the employee will demonstrate:
- Attention to Detail: Ensure information is complete and accurate; follows up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Passion: Evidences passion for the organization, our people, and the difference we make daily in improving the lives and health of people.
- Integrity: Demonstrates the highest commitment to integrity and showing respect for and value all individuals for their diverse backgrounds, experiences, styles, approaches and ideas.
- Empowerment: Finds opportunities to improve and extend their contribution to the organization and their teammates. Ability to solve problems with a variety of concrete variables through semi-standardized solutions that require some ingenuity and analysis. Ability to draw inferences and follow prescribed and detailed procedures to solve moderately complex problems. Ability to read and interpret complex business and/or technical documents. Position functions semi-autonomously. General supervision provided for new activities and projects.
- Accountability: Assumes responsibility for successfully accomplishing work objectives and delivering business results; setting high standards of performance for self and others.
- Creativity: Explores and advances opportunities to develop novel solutions and approaches to the improvement of processes and services.
- Agility: Responds positively to change, embracing and using new practices or values to accomplish goals and solve problems. Ability to manage multiple deliverable under tight deadlines.
- Communication: Must possess effective verbal and written communications skills and have excellent organization, planning, problem solving and follow-up skills.
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to understand, analyse and handle large amounts of data
- Understanding of US Government pharmaceutical pricing, contracting,related rebate administration and rebate payment processes.
- Must have a high degree of analytical skills.
- Experience working in mandated deadline environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High accuracy rate and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with software packages, Excel (required), and Word.
Indivior is committed to providing a culture driven by guiding principles and top-tier benefits that match the importance of the work we do. The Indivior experience includes
- 3 weeks? vacation plus floating holidays and sick leave
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing Plan- Company match of 75% on your first 6% of contributions discount and profit sharing contribution equal to 4% of your eligible pay
- U.S. Employee Stock Purchase Plan- 15% Discount
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability coverage
- Health and Dependent Care Flex Spending options
- Adoption assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Leverage Concierge/ personal assistance services
- Voluntary benefits including Legal, Pet Insurance and Auto/Home coverage
- Gym, fitness facility and cell phone discounts
- Our Guiding Principles, Core Values and Vision provide a culture that unites and guides our employees.
Indivior?s guiding principles are the foundation for each employee?s success and growth. Each employee is expected to demonstrate understanding and adherence to our guiding principles in their everyday performance.
The duties and responsibilities identified in this position description are considered essential but are not limited to only those outlined. The employee may perform other functions that may be assigned. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of this position at any time.