Location: North Carolina
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Have you ever wondered how Microsoft manages its revenue? Most simplistically, we collect money from customers, and we pay employees, partners, vendors, and stockholders. But when you think of the scale of Microsoft?s worldwide operations, our products and services mix and the size of our business you realize that the financial and workflow experiences that support our ability to do business are massive, complex and mission critical. The Corporate Functions Engineering organization (CFE) in Core Services Engineering and Operations at Microsoft (CSEO) leads that effort. We run Microsoft!
Our challenge is to create and demonstrate world leadership in the digital transformation of corporate finance. Our scope includes sales (lead to order and order to cash), services (consulting and support), procurement and payment (procure to pay), indirect and direct tax, general accounting, external relations, and more. Our financial systems and experiences must grow to meet tomorrow?s challenges. But wait, there?s more! We will accelerate Microsoft?s growth by radically transforming our financial and workflow experiences to be the most scalable, agile, intelligent and compliant in the world. We work on the premise that our experiences are consumer grade and showcase the best of the Microsoft technology and user experience stack.
As a Principal PM Manager in CFE you will be part of that journey. You will be responsible for building our capacity to grow the business and our ability to turn customer needs into high value solutions and services. You will grow and empower a talented team of Program Managers, and you will work with our key partners across Microsoft to create, drive and deliver user experiences that support and scale our business functions. To be successful in this role:
As a leader and manager within our organization you will be responsible for fostering a culture of respect, integrity and inclusion where everyone can do their best work.
- You will be a talent attractor to the organization,
- A mentor to your team members, helping them develop the program management skills they need to succeed and grow in their role,
- And a role model to the organization.
As a product leader, you will create a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions.
- You will build and execute the vision meeting or far exceeding industry solutions, while enlisting our partners in that success.
- You will define the metrics by which we measure and judge successful outcomes, and you will work with engineering to create sophisticated methods for creating and measuring progress towards those outcomes.
- You will ensure product designs meet compliance, regulatory, accessibility, and external standards.
- You will drive the delivery of those outcomes and evangelize the results within our organization, within our partner organizations, and externally to the industry. h
- You will work with User Research and User Design to develop sophisticated consumer grade, ML and AI driven user experiences that support and empower our customers and partners to make decisions and create value and insights.
This is an exciting and challenging role that will utilize all your skills and help you develop new skills. To be successful in this role you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or MBA degree in equivalent field (finance, accounting, economics) or equivalent education and training or experience in systems that support any of SEC, GAAP, FASB, IFRS reporting constructs
Hands-on experience in financial systems in the following areas:
- 1+ years program management experience supporting systems impacted by external financial controls (examples, need one of: SOX, SEC, GDPR or similar compliance area)
- 2+ years program management experience supporting large scale financial data warehousing systems, corporate financial ERP and ERP surround implementations or mission critical systems
- 7+ years of product management or product design experience working with partners in non-engineering organizations
- 3+ years of leadership and people management experience
- Sophisticated cross-organizational leadership and influence skills
- Ability to thrive in a highly innovative, fast paced, evolving and ambiguous environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated storytelling experience, motivation, and excitement to share our team?s outcomes
- High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced environment
If you like big, bold goals and like working alongside passionate, smart and fun individuals, come join the CFE team!
#CSEO #CFE #CHARLOTTE #CSEOCLT
About our Charlotte site:
Microsoft first opened our Charlotte site in 1990 and employs approximately 1,200 people at our 22-acre campus in South Charlotte, just over the NC/SC border. Our site is also undergoing significant refresh to our common areas, lobbies, café, and game rooms. Local job opportunities vary widely from internal IT, to technical support, consulting, technical sales, account management, and product engineering roles. Many of our roles can be configured in a variety of flexible work arrangements including telework/ work from home, part-time, and job share, and Microsoft is consistently rated as a leading technology company and a great place to work.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow at Microsoft and encourage you to apply to learn more!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.