Personal Banker I
Platte Valley Bank ? Casper, WY
Provide superior banking service to customers in a professional courteous, efficient, responsive, accurate and timely manner. Provide present and potential customers with a clear understanding of the features and benefits of products and services offered. Expand the customer base through successful use of acquired selling techniques, consistent with customer needs.
1. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Open, process and renew demand and time deposit accounts including passbook accounts, IRAs, certificates of deposit and money market accounts.
2. Process a variety of financial transactions presented by customers in an accurate and timely manner, according to established policy and procedures.
3. Provide full service banking to customers. Research and resolve problems and respond to customer inquiries on account status.
4. Provide customers with information on deposit accounts, rates, service charges, restrictions and other relevant account information.
5. Achieve a level of performance at or above standards established for the branch, to include sales goals.
6. Make at least 2 calls on current and/or prospective customers per month; and participate in the two PVC ?Call Programs? each year.
7. Greet clients and prospective clients extending courtesy, kindness, and genuine interest.
8. Provide starter checks and Debit/ATM Cards; order checks.
9. Expand the customer base through technical knowledge of consumer banking services and products and effective use of selling techniques.
10. Develop lending knowledge and skills as a consumer loan trainee when applicable.
11. Develop referrals and cross sell other bank services as appropriate.
1. Maintain audit, security, compliance and regulatory standards.
2. Keep informed of changes in general, banking services, procedures, and in the economy as well.
3. MISCELLANEOUS OTHER DUTIES:
1. Assist with company functions when possible.
2. Fill in for other departments and/or companies when high volume creates a need if it works within the department/company schedule.
3. Work Saturdays and some holidays on a rotation basis.
4. Assume other duties and responsibilities as requested.
1. Post high school education and/or two years? work experience preferred. Previous sales experience helpful.
2. Math proficiency and aptitude.
3. General areas of competency: decision making, dependability, development, environmental safety, evaluation skills, interpersonal skills, prioritizing, problem solving, selling skills, team skills and time management.
4. Demonstrated record of achievement in social and/or extracurricular and leadership skills.
5. Demonstrated aptitude to handle sensitive operational transactions and customer relationships
6. Professional appearance.
7. Effective oral and written communication skills (including telephone).
2. Ability to adjust to flexible hours.
3. Strong interest in and ability to sell products and services.
4. Deposit Platform experience helpful
5. Must be capable of working with and maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive information.
1. Must possess skills to maintain harmonious working relationships with supervisors, co-workers and customers.
Light Work – exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Reaching, fingering, grasping, repetitive motions, stooping, crouching, standing, walking, lifting, climbing, kneeling, talking, hearing, pulling, pushing, thinking, concentrating and interacting with others.
You should be capable of performing in a reasonable manner, with or without reasonable accommodation, the activities involved in this job. A description of the activities involved in this job is listed above.
In-House Training Requirements:
Continue on-going training for department operations, policies and procedures.
Normal working days are Monday through Friday~40 hour work week. However, work on some Saturdays, Sunday or holidays may be required by your supervisor.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Platte Valley Companies is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and an ?At Will Employer?.
JOB TITLE: Personal Banker I
DIVISION: Casper East
REPORTS TO: Branch Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt – FT