How You’ll Make a Difference:
- Responsible for the timely processing of insurance claims, which includes but is not limited to electronic transmissions, account, and other third-party billing. Conducts prompt collection of accounts receivable by reviewing assigned accounts for problems delaying payment, and by facilitating the effective resolution of problems.
- Responsible for daily claims submissions (electronic transmittals, personal computer applications and hard copy claims) to the appropriate payer source.
- Communicates with patients via phone or mail to obtain additional insurance information and interacts with departments/clinics to resolve charging issues affecting the claims.
- Reports trends with other departments that may improve the claims submission process and accounts receivables.
- Provides daily productivity statistics to support management analysis of receivables, as defined by Revenue Cycle leadership.
- Responsible for collection of an assigned section of the accounts receivables, following all policies, procedures and established guidelines.
- Reviews assigned accounts for the following and takes appropriate course of action, including but not limited to: internal or external problems that may cause a delay in payment; denial, resubmissions to insurance, and billing of patient; partial payments.
- Contacts insurance companies or any other person, organization or department whose assistance is needed to obtain payment of our claim, until it is paid or rejected.
- Responds to telephone or written correspondence from insurance companies, employers, state agencies and patients regarding accounts receivables balances. Applies contractual allowances where necessary.
- Develops relationship with internal and external customers and partners to facilitate payment and to ensure regulatory and contractual compliance.
What it Will Take:
Licenses & Certifications
High School Graduate.
Required Functional Experience
No experience required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Good organizational ability, communication skills (written and verbal).A basic understanding of accounting/computerized patient accounting systems.Ability to multi-task.
Monday – Friday, day shift.
North Central Cbo
931 Discovery Rd
Green Bay, WI
At Aurora Health Care:
We pride ourselves on taking care of our people. And not just our patients?we mean you, too. We help each other live well. When you work at Aurora, you get the chance to work with a dedicated team that?s as passionate about the work as you are. Here, you?ll find limitless opportunities for ongoing learning, career advancement, competitive compensation and a stable work environment. But more than that, you have the opportunity to change lives?including your own.
Diversity and inclusion matters at Aurora. We celebrate our differences and nurture an environment where everyone feels included. We know that when we reflect the communities we serve, when we embrace differences and bring our whole selves to work every day, we are working as one to build a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Aurora supports a safe, healthy and drug-free work environment through criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testing. We maintain a smoke-free environment at all our locations. We are an equal opportunity employer.