ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interact with patients in a positive and helpful manner, provide information and assistance as needed.
- Gather necessary demographic and insurance information from patient to build a new/updated patient account in the Electronic Medical Record system.
- Using the computer system, generate fee slips for patients according to prescribed procedures, review fee slip information for accuracy and instructions.
- Provide necessary forms to patients for completion and signatures.
- Answer telephone calls, record messages for coworkers and deliver messages.
- Maintain an adequate level of office supplies and necessary forms and ordering office supplies as needed for smooth department operations.
- Maintain various logs of daily activities including patient count and financial transactions in order to prepare monthly tallies of operating activity.
- Perform various clerical duties such as photocopying forms, reports and patient information, faxing forms, filing forms/charts.
- Collect payments, insurance copays, and prescription charges.
- Prepare invoice statements for the Accounts Payable department.
- Schedule specialist referrals as needed for patient followup.
- Participate in patient call backs.
- Assist clinic staff with patient triage as needed to maintain proper patient flow.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma is required. Previous medical reception experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of the data processing equipment, personal computer, and other standard machines common to the business office.
- Ability to supervise, train, and evaluate new and current staff.
ConvenientMD is a fullservice, provider staffed urgent care group offering highquality and affordable medical care for a broad scope of illnesses and injuries for patients of all ages. No appointment is needed, patients can just walkin from 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. The company has a friendly staff providing a consumercentric experience. ConvenientMD clinics always have a provider on site in stateoftheart facilities equipped with digital xray, lab, ECG and IV.