Location: New York
The American Express Brand is our most important asset, and our in-house creative agency helps bring the brand to life in marketing, servicing, and colleague communications. To help GABM attain the ambitious goal of becoming the most creative department in the Fortune 500, our In-House agency aims to foster a creative community in service of delivering best-in-class creative that is high-quality, cost-efficient, and quick-to-market.
The Account Lead will report into the Account & Operations Director, and work collaboratively with internal creative and production leads to manage and deepen on-going relationships across our matrix organization of internal client partners, brand and business unit stakeholders, external partners, and Integrated Agency Teams.
The Account Lead must possess a customer first mind-set and be solution oriented in undefined territory. The focus and skillsets required for each project vary from strategic to executional activities, and the Account Lead must flex accordingly in close support of the Account Director to develop and nurture client relationships, while striving for flawless execution and project management of day-to-day projects.
To be successful in this role, the Account Lead must be an excellent collaborator, self-starter, and detailed project manager, intuitively translating client needs into actionable creative considerations. They should be as comfortable leading project intake and business development conversation as they are coordinating a project end-to-end, from brief to concepting to execution to debrief. They should have experience navigating tight timelines, spearheading high-visibility initiatives, and always seek to Identify opportunities for improvement. They must possess an ability to adapt their communication style, content, and medium to suit the audience being served/marketed to. Executive presence, business maturity, and humility are essential for great Account Management, to successfully “shock absorb” feedback from multiple stakeholders and translate it for creative partners and talent while empathizing with all who are collaborating.
- Own intake and execution of creative projects from end-to-end across multiple business units. General experience supporting B2C and B2B workstreams is ideal, though there may be opportunity to specialize as the Account Team expands over time.
- Proactively support colleagues and collaborate with them to help achieve targets. Creating a positive team environment through co-operation. Model and evangelize relationship-first mindset for account peers and juniors, helping to build a strong culture that values clients’ near-term needs in balance with creative thought leadership.
- Engage the right creative talent and production subject matter experts to ensure the best decisions and results are delivered in a timely manner, and coordinate and lead creative review sessions and client presentations.
- Guide infusion of the Global Brand Strategy into creative communications within the activation ecosystem, in partnership with the Brand Management Team
- Manage and deepen on-going relationships with current and potential clients – developing a connection and building trust to deliver work that delivers on the In-House Agency value promise. Support Account Director to help build new relationships across the business unit to help bring in more work.
- Strong communication skills, with experience articulating the end-to-end creative process, framing strategic challenges and opportunities, and collaborating with a variety of partners and stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and thrive in a fast-paced and iterative work environment.
- Ability to manage time and organize creative workloads with colleagues, partners and agencies. Must cut through clutter and drive results while reinforcing integrity of the internal agency and American Express brand.
- Continuously seeks and learns from feedback to improve
- Creative curiosity, entrepreneurial mindset, and passion for the American Express brand, with appetite for building customer relationships.
- Ability to learn and train on workflow management systems (i.e. Workfront, Jira).
- 3+ years in account management or project management roles. Agency or in-house creative team experience required. Strong background in digital worktypes (e-mail, landing pages, banner animations, video) is priority. Experience serving a globally recognized financial service or travel and lifestyle brand is a plus.
- Bachelor?s degree required. MBA optional.
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Why American Express:
There?s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people?s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We?ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they?re ready to take on a new career path, we?re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don?t make a difference without it.
Don?t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 3, 2019, 10:31:00 AM