Finding the right fit:
Ayres Associates municipal engineers have proudly served Wisconsin communities for more than 50 years. We re seeking an established manager who has the passion to represent Ayres Associates in southeastern Wisconsin to existing and targeted clients and manage the daily office operations by cultivating a team environment.
As a manager, you ll be expected to understand the intricacies of SE Wisconsin and capitalize on market opportunity. Your professional acumen will poise you to leverage client relationships to obtain work in various disciplines and with a diverse cliental made up of private developers and public sector clients such as counties, cities, villages, and townships.
On any given day, you ll:
- Develop the long-range strategic plan, marketing plan and the annual business plan for the group with particular emphasis on the annual financial plan, capital purchase, budget, marketing, and training plan sections.
- Meet the goals and objectives of the annual business plan and budget, including revenue and profitability goals, workload backlog, billing, accounts receivable management, and image development.
- Supervise the work activities of all project managers, engineers, technicians and other assigned specialists.
- Manage existing service lines as assigned.
- Provide for and guide staff development.
- Oversee the technical production of all project work, assuring that the work is produced on schedule, profitably, and in conformance with quality standards of the firm and the requirements of the contract.
- Act as the company representative and spokesperson in the community, as well as being active in civic and professional organizations.
- Conduct business development including client contact, marketing, and monitoring client satisfaction.
- Understand and support corporate policies and procedures.
- Prepare contract documents including scope of work, project schedule, and fee estimates and review and approve those prepared by group project managers.
- Negotiate contract scope, schedule, and compensation with clients and sub-consultants.
- Prepare and oversee quality assurance and quality control procedures.
- Bachelor s degree in civil engineering.
- Registered professional engineer (PE) in Wisconsin.
- 15 years of experience in municipal engineering.
- Prior experience in supervising staff, managing projects, developing new and maintaining existing clients.
- Valid driver s license and good driving record.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Eagerness to cultivate a team environment where all staff members feel valued and supported and all ideas flow freely.
- A self-motivated, performance driven leader with excellent people skills.
- Proven business development skills and a strong reputation with clients.
- A well-established existing network of contacts is highly desirable.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, People with Disabilities