This is a part-time benefit eligible position averaging 60 hours per bi-weekly pay period! Hours are typically Monday – Friday with rotating weekends and holidays. (usually 1 weekend/month and 2 holiday/year).
The individual in this position is responsible for receiving, processing, and distribution of linens, while ensuring efficient work flow, in compliance with Federal/State laws, Crossing Rivers Health policies and procedures, and under the guidance of the Manager, utilizing Universal Precautions at all times.
Benefits: Crossing Rivers Health provides an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and vision; life insurance, short term disability, generous paid time off, a retirement plan, and more!
Our Core Values are practiced and exhibited throughout the organization every day in our actions and in services provided.
- Excellence ? Striving to continuously improve and provide the safest and highest quality care to exceed the expectations of all those we serve and work with.
- Integrity ? Conducting ourselves so the dignity of, respect for, and honesty toward those we serve and work with are the hallmarks of our organization.
- Compassion ? Fostering a friendly and caring environment where the patient comes first and where courtesy and sensitivity to the feelings of others is paramount.
- Unity ? Promoting cooperation by Crossing Rivers Health and medical staff, volunteers, and the community in responding to challenges innovatively while respecting diversity and desiring to make things better.
- Joy ? Displaying an open enthusiasm, cheerfulness, and positive attitude toward everyone we care for or work with.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform the entire laundry cycle, including proper sorting, folding, and distribution.
- Weigh and document soiled laundry by department.
- Examine and sort linens according to color, fabric, soil content and cleaning techniques while pre-treating linens as needed.
- Select most suitable spot treating solution for different types of linen and stain type.
- Process clean linen, mending and marking as needed as well as any sewing projects.
- Process laundry and complete mending for non-medical center facilities; deliver clean linens back to facilities as directed.
- Clean and hang cubicles and drapery as needed.
- Perform any ironing or steaming duties.
- Responsible for processing and storage of all table cloths and table skirts.
- Assist in inventory control and report any needs immediately.
- Operate all equipment using the proper program settings and functions for respective work tasks.
- Perform routine maintenance duties within the department.
- Maintain a clean work space.
- Stay current on departmental policies and procedures.
- Stay updated on Crossing Rivers Health communications via email and utilizing the portal.
- Provide ideas for process improvements.
- Participate in projects as needed.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary for the continued viability and success of the department and organization.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Enthusiastic – Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Safety Awareness – Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Experience: No prior experience necessary
Certifications & Licenses: Valid Driver’s license
This position will require the individual to stand, walk, grasp, bend, squat, reach outward and above shoulder on a regular basis. Lift and carry up to 10 pounds constantly and frequently lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds.