In 2019 Cannon Building was rated one of the top places to work by the Orange County Business Journal. We have an immediate need for a HR/Payroll Coordinator to join our growing team!
About the Company
Cannon Building, a successful commercial General Contractor, is seeking a motivated, skilled, and experienced HR/Payroll Coordinator for our Los Angeles/Orange County office. We are a leading Life Science, Healthcare, and Commercial/Industrial builder who provides high efficiency, cost-effective construction solutions while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and quality.
HR Manager or CFO
The HR/Payroll Coordinator provides assistance with and facilitates the human resource and payroll processes at all business locations. This role administers employee health and welfare plans and acts as liaison between employees and insurance providers. This position resolves benefits-related problems and ensures effective use of plans and positive employee relations. The HR/Payroll coordinator makes sure that certain plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and that plan provisions are followed. This role provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry.
- Administers health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files. Submits online investigation requests and assists with new employee background checks.
- Reconciles benefits statements.
- Oversees Subcontractor Payroll process (AB 1701).
- Monitors Daily Site Sign-in Log.
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective action.
- Assists with processing of terminations.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process.
- Assists with recruitment and interview process. Tracks status of candidates in HRIS and responds with follow-up letters at the end of the recruiting process.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested.
- Processes Semi-Monthly Payroll and preparation of all related reports:
- Hour?s reconciliation for job cost purposes.
- Manage 401(K) contributions.
- Manage benefit deductions.
- Coordinates and manages the company mobile phones.
- Orders and monitors use of company issued credit cards.
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Files documents into appropriate employee files.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested.
- Prepares new-employee files.
- Processes mail for HR/AP department.
- Maintains company Human Resources Compliance while keeping current in all State and Federal Employment laws through continuing education in Employment Law.
- Administrates Employee Benefits to include Medical and Dental coverage and company 401K plan.
- Completes OSHA Logs/Worksheets (ISN website/internally on a quarterly/annual basis).
- Maintains employee files (new employees, terminations, changes and updates).
- Assists in maintaining and updating the employee handbook.
- Maintains hiring packets and order all pre-hire background checks and DMV reports.
- Coordinates employee terminations and the COBRA process.
- Manages time-off /vacation schedule
- Assists in maintaining and updating all Cannon Building employee certificates.
- Assists in coordinating and implementing upgraded IIPP manuals.
- Accounts Payable:
- Reviews and verifies invoices and check requests.
- Reviews credit card statements.
- Sorts, codes, and matches invoices.
- Sets invoices up for payment.
- Enters and uploads invoices into system.
- Tracks expenses and processes expense reports.
- Prepares and processes electronic transfers and payments.
- Prepares and performs check runs.
- Reconciles accounts payable transactions.
- Monitors accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
- Researches and resolves invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Maintains vendor files.
- Corresponds with vendors and responds to inquiries.
- Provides supporting documentation for audits.
Job Type: Full-time
- Payroll: 1 year (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)