Hiring for: Mechanic II Position (2nd or 3rd Shift)
**Applicants must be at least 21 years old.**
Do you have an employment background that includes skills in the maintenance and repair of CNG, gasoline and diesel engines? Are you organized, do you possess a strong work ethic and the ability to work with a diverse group of people? This position requires flexibility, the aptitude to follow direction and the capability to perform a variety of physical, work-related tasks. Successful completion of CDL Class A with Passenger Endorsement training and testing will be required – CATA provides training and testing for the right person.
If you have a genuine desire to get your career on the move with a growing local company with excellent pay and benefits, then we?re looking for you!
We are located in State College, PA just on the outskirts of the Pennsylvania State University campus. We are nearing completion of a major expansion of our facilities to provide a state of the art working environment for our growing employee base.
As a Mechanic II at CATA you will be working with a team of dedicated employees who are committed to providing excellent service to all of our staff and customers. Some pertinent responsibilities of the position are listed below.
- Inspecting, repairing and maintaining transit coaches, automobiles and equipment;
- Performs preventive maintenance and lubrication services per the manufacturer?s specs;
- Inspects vehicles for physical damages and mechanical shortcomings;
- Performs tune-ups on CNG and gasoline engines;
- Diagnoses and repairs brake systems, engine, transmission, rear differential, electrical and air system failures;
**Cummins Insite and Detroit Diesel ProLink diagnostic experience desired
- Relines brakes;
- Repairs or replaces alternators and air conditioning components;
- Repairs and operates special tools and equipment used in the maintenance of transit coaches and support vehicles;
- Prepares work orders and other maintenance related documents;
- Performs body work such as patching, sanding, painting and bumping;
- Conducts road tests and goes on road calls to repair and/or retrieve disabled vehicles;
- Performs Pennsylvania State vehicle inspections per vehicle code;
- Performs related tasks as required.
For this position CATA offers paid time off (vacations, sick days, holiday, etc.), Health Insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(a), 457, Roth IRA, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), free membership to health club and free transit pass.
Salary for Year One: $23.66 per hour, Year Two: $26.62 per hour, After Year Two: $29.58 per hour
Applicants will be subject to MVR, drug test, criminal background check and functional requirement evaluation. Only qualified resumes will be considered. Send your resume and application to the following email: HR@catabus. com
CATA is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.66 to $29.58 /hour
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off