The Holiday Inn Express Dayton/Huber Heights is in search of a Guest Service Representative/Front Desk Associate to join our team!
Purpose for the Position: To perform in a pleasant, professional and efficient manner, a combination of duties mainly related, but not limited to, check-in and check-out of guests which contributes to an overall positive experience.
- Effectively operate the hotel computer system or property management system.
- Check guests in and out of hotel.
- Know guest loyalty program and accurately represent the brand?s membership benefits. Administer existing member?s benefits according to brand standard.
- Enroll IHG Rewards Club members.
- Answer guest inquiries about local attractions, shopping, restaurants, etc.
- Apply appropriate problem handling methods to quickly and efficiently resolve any guest issues.
- Using verbal and nonverbal communication to help guests feel welcome and recognized.
- Practice safety standards at all times and keep the property safe for guests and fellow employees.
- Keep up with all brand standard requirements and company policies of daily duties.
- Account for all cash and make deposits in accordance with hotel and company policies.
- Communicate effectively with the front office team and other hotel departments.
- Report to work for scheduled shift on time and in uniform in accordance with company policy.
- Perform other related tasks as required.
This is a 24/7/365 business; weekends and holidays should be expected.
Qualifications and Skills:
- One to two years previous experience in a similar position.
- Basic computer skills required.
- PMS experience preferred (Opera, Visual Matrix, OnQ, etc.).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 /hour
- Customer Service: 2 years (Required)
- Hospitality: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Evening (Required)
- Morning (Required)