We have over 13 years of experience in manufacturing one of the world?s fastest growing industries (LED Lighting), and we have succeeded in being one of the top in our industry. Not only does our company manufacture top quality products, but we also provide first rate customer service. This position must have good communication skills and be able to multi-task.
The Controller will be responsible for the payment and receivables functions. Processing payments and receipts ensuring adherence to company and accounting policies and procedures, performing requisite month end and year end close activities, and providing issue resolution and technical guidance. Ensures timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers and maintains accurate records and control reports. Ensures timely and precise application of receipts. The Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Specialist will work closely with the General Manager and Warehouse to ensure accuracy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Verify invoices have been entered accurately
- Verify invoices have appropriate approval
- Process invoices timely and accurately
- Verify receipts have been entered and posted accurately
- Ensure receipts have been deposited into correct bank accounts
- Facilitate daily and weekly check-run process
- Process, match and distribute checks timely
- Communicate errors and issues in a timely manner with appropriate personnel
- Maintain regular communication with all team members to provide guidance and advice regarding the work
- Assist with researching delinquent invoices and facilitate timely payments
- Provide accounts payable support and training
- Provide accounts receivable support and training
- Maintain, organize and file A/P, A/R departmental records
- Ensure that vendors are paid timely and accurately
- Design and manage reporting to monitor risk areas
- Review A/P, A/R policies and modify/update as needed
- Perform the monthly and year-end close
- Facilitate sales and use tax reporting
- Manage vendor compliance
- Facilitate 1099 reporting
- Comply with Company policies and procedures, accounting policies and procedures, and applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- Ordering Office Supplies
- Other duties as assigned
Specific Knowledge and Skills:
- Associate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Four to six years of accounting experience
- Three to five years of experience in accounts payable/accounts receivable
- Knowledge of accounting concepts and practices
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products such as Excel, Word, Outlook
- Experience NetSuite is a plus
- Strong organizational skills
- Capable of working independently
- Ability to set goals and achieve goals
- Ability to complete assigned tasks accurately, timely and consistently
- Ability to meet deadlines timely, accurately, and consistently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask
Benefit Package Includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid time off.
Hours Monday – Friday 7:00am to 3:30pm.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)